Beautiful little spot right on the lagoon, some rooms right on the edge of the water. We had a great, relaxing time at this little slice of paradise. The staff were friendly and welcoming and the on-site restaurant was good. While we could hear some trucks on the highway at night, it was not enough to detract from our great time at this place. Early in the morning there were birds on the property and one morning there was fog (great for pictures!). It was quiet and peaceful, a great place to get away from it all. We took a tour of the lagoon from companies in town, but the hotel also offers tours. Highly recommend it and would love to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just a little more than half an hour away from the capital city of Chetumal and its airport, and about the same distance to the border with the country of Belize, Rancho Encantado is situated on the shores of the pristine waters of Laguna Bacalar. This area, in the southernmost part of the Yucatan Peninsula, is just at the point of developing as a tourist destination for the eco-minded traveler who seeks escape from the larger, often over-developed areas of the northern part of the Peninsula. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Rancho Encantado reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rancho Encantado Hotel Bacalar
- Rancho Encantado Laguna Bacalar