We booked a large superior room that had a massive bed with a romantic ( and possibly necessary mosquito net) plus a single bed and a shower room. The roof was thatched and outside was a veranda with sun loungers and chair and table. The best thing was the view which was amazing as we had a heavenly and the best view of the lagoon. Other cabins were fronting the lagoon and some were set in the beautiful tropical garden.
The food was reasonably priced and tasty and the staff were extremely accommodating. We booked a tour of the lake which I thought expensive at £100 for the four of us, sharing with one other person but definitely with doing. We were out for two and a half hours, swam in a cenotes and along a divine ' pirate channel' which was very shallow with amazing colours of blues, turquoise and crystal clear water, with eagles watching over us.
This is a spot of paradise on earth
The only slight downside was that I found the bed and pillow too hard for my liking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just a little more than half an hour away from the capital city of Chetumal and its airport, and about the same distance to the border with the country of Belize, Rancho Encantado is situated on the shores of the pristine waters of Laguna Bacalar. This area, in the southernmost part of the Yucatan Peninsula, is just at the point of developing as a tourist destination for the eco-minded traveler who seeks escape from the larger, often over-developed areas of the northern part of the Peninsula. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Rancho Encantado reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rancho Encantado Hotel Bacalar
- Rancho Encantado Laguna Bacalar