“Stunning”
Review of Kande Beach Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chinteche
Kande Beach Resort
“Stunning”
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

My self and family went here for our holiday, rented a little shack by the beach which was idyllic was an amazing place, the little cottage was picturesque although the owner is English , he was rude and had an attitude problem and he put me off going again...

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Stuart D

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed October 23, 2013

This was a great stop on our 30 day overland trip. We stayed 2 nights and truly enjoyed the beach and snorkeling by the island. The bar is a fantastic place to relax and spend time with family and friends. The bar staff are fantastic to talk to are always willing to help. They also have all the sports equipment behind the bar to play volleyball, soccer or basketball. The office staff are a little rude and impatient but alas very little negativity to ruin a great spot. All the peddlers in the area know they are not allowed on the property so you will at least know you will not be bothered.

Room Tip: There are rooms on the beach the rest are back of the resort. Ask for the rooms by the diving compan...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Milan, Italy
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

I was quite disappointed by this place in the lake Malawi. The receptionists were cold and a bit unfriendly, there were few people of the staff around and I wasn't sure if they were really working there or they were some of the numerous touts that surround the lodge, offering "tipical" malawian dinner (because they say that the restaurant at the lodge is Too expensive) and other stuff, like handycraft or marijuana...
Anyway the spot for the tent was ok and under the shadow, and the restaurant is also good (and not so expensive). But there are better places in the lake where you can feel the african atmosphere, not there...

• Stayed August 2013

Travelers are raving about these Chinteche hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Great location, right on the lakeshore. This is a campsite with two standards of cabin accommodation in addition. Very pleasant bar. Good cabins for the price. Site has wired internet (no wifi) and offers a cheap laundry service.

Don't bother with the 'village tour'.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank PCB100
Florida
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed two nights and had a small room without bath but on the beach. Not very clean and we could hear the adjacent rooms. The internet is not free and rather expensive for such a poor quality. The beach is really nice and the offer water sports that I found quite expensive!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I stayed for two nights as part of a G Adventure. Its a lovely place with a gorgeous beaxchfront and a charming bar area. The restaurant is good too so no complaints at all.
Until I had the misfortune of meeting the owner, or co-owner I believe.
When I asked him one morning if he was going to be showing the soccer (Confederation Cup) that evening he turned a lashed out at me, "Not for one f***ken person I'm not." In all my years of travelling i have never been spoken to like that. Yes the bar shuts at 11, yes the football was to be on later than that, but I still feel my question was a fair one. I was not asking him to keep the bar open for just me, I was simply asking if he was staying open given that it was the Confederations Cup Final. Being cursed at with the F word is totally unacceptable and as much as I loved the Kande Resort, it sticks in my craw that I gave this absolute horror of a host any of my money at all.

Room Tip: Try to get a room as far away as possible from where the owner lives to try and minimise the chance...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Bozeman-Dublin
kandebeach, Owner at Kande Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
hello, i am the owner and was not present when you had your unfortunate response to your inquiry about putting a soccer game on which started at midnight.. the man who used the F word is my friend who was looking after the lodge while i was away on business. his response, whilst a bit harsh and obviously offensive to you, was certainly not personal, and he has asked me to send you his apologies. he often uses the f word as a form of expression but is careful not to swear in front of lady's and children .im sure he was maybe having a bad morning and not using the word aggressively or in a personal, insulting way.
i am concerned that you chose to put this on a site that reviews places for travelers to stay and have chosen to use the words owner/ obnoxious in the heading as it obviously reflects badly on my business whilst having no real use for any other travelers as advice, as most travelers would probably ask the barman later that evening and would get the more polite "yes" or "no".
we also have very polite reception staff who can handle most of these types of inquiry;s, so there's really no need to go over their heads to the owners or co owners anyway.
apologies once again for your bad experience of my beach.
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stayed here for a couple of days and meet the owner Dave, who was extremely helpful and nice to us. Campers, backpackers, trucks, "roof-top-tent Land Rovers" and crazy souls as well as locals stay here or just drop in for fun.

I loved it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Kande Beach Resort? Share your experiences!