Review Highlights
Absolutely perfect in every way! Spectacular fish and pelicans to entertain.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

from $75.00
from $49.99
from $90.00
More Info
All reviews picnic tables lifeguard on duty magen's bay shower facilities entry fee st thomas small fee fish clear water beautiful white sand sea grass natural beauty calm waters other islands great snorkeling cruise ship snorkel gear
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Got to Lindqvist Beach today around noon after visiting Maegans Beach. This is the most beautiful beach I have ever been on in St Thomas. Entry is $5 per person and $2 per car. The sand is white, the water is crystal clear and calm and clean. We were entertained by tarpon swimming in the very shallow clear water and pelicans having a feast diving all around us. There are some benches, picnic tables and a small shoreline with sun and shade. Absolutely gorgeous! This beach is very near Red Hook. Snorkeling is good but bring your own equipment.
There is a shower and restrooms - great facility. The parking lot was about a 2 minute walk from the beach.

1  Thank KimRinger111
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My friend and I arrived at 10am on a Sunday morning; the beach was wide, open and beautiful. We loved the very clean shores, Crystal blue water and few other people along the beach front. The cost to enter is $2 per island resident and $5 per visitor. An additional fee of $2 per vehicle.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This beach is spectacular! We visited twice during our 6 day stay in St Thomas and Lindquist beach is just so beautiful, clean, and fun. Saw tarpon and a ray swimming, plenty of colorful little fish, and pelicans galore. This is a great escape from the crowds at Megan’s Bay.

1  Thank patrick m
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Although we've been to St. Thomas several times, somehow never made it to this beach. The water was crystal clear and turquoise. It even had waves the day we were her (I guess it's usually smooth) but we really enjoyed the waves.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The beach was outstanding!!!! Off season bliss, maybe 10 people on the whole beach. Spent the whole day in the beautiful Caribbean sea and hanging out on the beach. Still some signs of hurricane Maria around but the natural beauty of the islands makes it easy to overlook.

1  Thank 297kboyd
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Out of the beaches we visited in our trip to St Thomas in July, this was my favorite. It was just beautiful. Ans very clean and peaceful, which was not the case at Coki Point (we were there right after). You pay a small fee to enter ( I do not recall the price, sorry). There is a parking lot, clean bathrooms and a few tables spread throughout the beach, near the trees. Remember to take water and food with you, especially if you plan to spend the entire day there.

Reviewed October 11, 2018

Like Magen's Bay, Lindqvist is a state-run beach with beautiful white sand, changing facilities, picnic tables and lots of parking. Also like Magen, there is a charge for parking and to enter (same fees) but the site is very pristine and beautiful. In fact, I found it nicer than Magen's Beach in that it had fewer visitors and a fresh water shower with parking close by. While most people know about Magen, this beach is just as beautiful to visit.

Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

I booked the Secret Sands Beach Exclusive & Skyline Drive with Royal Caribbean direct. I was traveling with my daughters onboard the Harmony of the Seas. I’m a frequent cruiser and I can honestly say this is one of the best beach excursions I’ve ever been on! This beach is known as Smith Bay/Lindqvist Beach. I’ve been to Megan’s Bay before and I think this beach is better! This one if far less crowded, far less commercialized, offers more natural beauty etc. This beach is picture perfect in every way!!! Soft white sand, crystal clear turquoise water, calm waters for children to play safely, no large waves, no jelly fish, no big drop off close to shore etc. There are modern bathroom facilities here! It’s so nice to have flushing toilets and sinks! This is a huge perk and I know other tourists appreciate that as well. There is even a foot washing area etc. Our excursion included roundtrip transportation from the port, lounge chair, drinks etc. This is an ideal beach for families and couples. I’m so happy I chose to try this beach instead of Megan’s Bay this time!

4  Thank VargaTravels
Reviewed October 7, 2018

A much less busy beach, compared to others. No food places here, and paying to get in keeps off the crowds. It's worth a visit if you want to snorkel. Brain coral, schools of fish, and it's all pretty close to shore! It's a rockier beach, so if they say they recommend not swimming, don't. Worth the visit.

Reviewed October 3, 2018

On a weekday in October this beach had few people (no cruise ships in town), no lifeguards, very minimal shade, and a fair amount of Sargasso seaweed (which was being actively raked up) in certain areas. The water was a bit cloudy and rough so I didn't try snorkeling.

Whether or not you enjoy Lindqvist Beach (aka Smith Bay) depends on how you like your beaches. This one is great if you're into watching birds (pelicans, specifically) and perhaps photographing them as well. Also great if you like solitude and emptiness. There is nothing being rented here (chaises, umbrellas, snorkel equipment, etc.) and no concessions being sold.

Entry runs $5 per person for non-natives plus $2 per car. The parking is a short walk from the beach but you can drive down and unload your stuff before returning to the parking lot.

I far preferred Magen's Bay due to the rentals, the food, the shade, and the activity, but that's me. If this sounds like your type of place it probably is.