“The Americans come for I Sacchettini”
Review of Alla Fontaniva

Alla Fontaniva
Ranked #3 of 21 Restaurants in Polcenigo
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
San Antonio, Texas
“The Americans come for I Sacchettini”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

My wife and I were visiting Italy after living in the area from 2005-2008. I had not returned to Italy since. Some colleagues of my wife wanted to meet with her and have dinner. They chose alla Fontaniva. While this would probably not have been my first choice of restaurant for a four day trip to the countryside of Italy, I had been here before, knew the quality, so didn't complain.

I ordered pasticchio (lasagne) with radicchio for my pasta and horse filet for my entree. Both were cooked to perfection. My wife ordered the sacchettini for her pasta and a fish dish for her entree. The sacchettini is an item that is often not on the menu, but seems to always be prepared upon request. My wife's entree order was not served. When asked about the order, we received a profuse apology and was offered the fish or another item to be prepared. My wife is pretty easy going in these situations, asked that nothing more be prepared as room was "needed" for coffee and dessert. The server seemed genuinely upset over the mishap, but we just chalked it up to one of those situations that happen from time to time. I called it quits after a few glasses of wine, a doppio, and some panna cotta.

I always love paying the bill at alla Fontaniva because the staff is very friendly upon exit and seems genuinely thankful that they were able to serve you. The hit of a disgestivo offered on the way out never hurts either.

The service and food quality doesn't seems to have changed much over the four years, which I appreciate. This is still a restaurant that hasn't been "overrun" by Americans, and still boasts a healthy Italian clientele. I prefer to visit in the summer for the outdoor dining and the nice field for kids to play in before and after dining. Expect to pay about €25-€30 per adult if you partake in wine, pasta, entree, coffee & dessert. If you're in the Aviano AB area, this is one to put on the to-do list.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank christopher_brown

San Antonio, Texas
“Excellent”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I believe we were the only Americans dining here last Sat night but not sure why. Excellent food, great variety and fresh. Add to it nice atmosphere with outdoor seating and huge yard with a pond and play area for kids. Limited English but don't let that scare you away if you don't speak Italian. They greet you right from the start with a wlecome drink and it keeps getting better.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank MilitaryDr
Aviano
“Wonderful Family Place”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Service and atmosphere great, food fresh and always good. Try the desserts. Love the pear and cheese saccatini.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank SewbeeAviano
Sacramento, California
“Great food”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Loved the pear pasta and pesto. Waiters don't speak much English and the service is a bit slow but it's a nice atmosphere.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank Niqueh12
Tennessee
“Eat here!!”
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I visited the restaurant last night for a going away party with +20 people, and I left completely satisfied. The service was top notch, and the food was so good that it wouldn't be fair to try to describe it to you because you'd be jealous. I got to try the lasagna with ruccola and bacon, the pear saccotini and the sea bass with grilled vegetables and fries. There was also some kind of antipasti that was a spread with sausage (?) on crusty bread. We all agreed that we liked it, but nobody remembered to ask what we'd eaten.

English is spoken, and they have outdoor seating that is very kid friendly. I can't wait to go when it warms up. Yes, I know that it's May, but it is not warm in Italy at this moment.

• Visited May 2012