Mirabelle
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The annual holiday to Huelgoat for my two friends' families plus my own would not be the same without our visit to Mirabelle!
As we are quite a large group, we booked in advance by e-mail (to avoid disappointment) and our booking was promptly confirmed.
This is our third year at Huelgoat and we have now visited Mirabelle 5 times in total. As usual the food is consistently excellent and at less than 30 Euros for 3 courses, is fantastic value.
The view across the lake from the terrace on a sunny evening is a bonus too.
If you are in the region, I strongly recommend a visit - you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I had my birthday dinner here on the 8th of May during a trip to France. The Co-owner , Jennifer Lejette (who hails from the UK), was very friendly and funny and was tremendously helpful in making sure there were suitable options for my husband who is a notoriously finicky eater before we even arrived! the menu changes daily based on what fresh produce and meats they get in.

I had the goats cheese with pear and red onion confit as a starter( FANTASTIC) , while my husband had the parma ham with a poached egg (which i stole) I have never had a poached egg that wasnt rubbery and deeply unpleasent to eat, this one was fabulous

for mains we both had the fillet steak which was served with fresh vegetables and crispy fried potatoes. we ordered it medium rare and it was cooked more towards medium well, BUT unlike most steaks this one was still gorgeous when cooked a bit more well done that i like so i didnt feel even a tiny urge to mention it. the green peppercorn sauce was flavoursome and just spicy enough to please!

for dessert i had the chocolate pot (which came out with a birthday candle in it!) and alex had pineapple and cream with meringues and an apple sorbet which i had horribly mistranslated from the french thinking it was banana not pineapple, so it wasn't precisely what we thought it would be but it was still very nice (i did steal a lot of it as i love pineapple and in return fed some of my amazing chocolate mousse and the vanilla icecream to the hubby!)

the set menu (which isnt really set at all) is €29 per person but even with the worst of my lost in translation moments it was well worth it!

Jennifer's husband and head chef (who's name i must confess has slipped my mind) even came out to have a bit of a chat with us which was delightful. the view of the lake is also quite breath taking...

so go eat already!

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I went to this restaurant with friends and found the atmosphere to be very friendly and the food really good. I hardily recommend this little restaurant for a great meal.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Visited the Mirabelle Restaurant for my birthday (the booking was made by a friend) what a fantastic little place this is. Although mid-week and very quiet we were made really welcome by the owner Jennie. The restaurant has a lovely warm and welcoming feel and in a great location next to the lake. Whilst it was too cold to be outside when we visited I would imagine this would be beautiful in the Summer.
The food was just wonderful. We had the set price menu which was great value. Our starters of Chicken Liver Pate with Confit of Onion and Goats Cheese with Caramelised Pear (highly recommended) where followed by Salmon, with leeks in a Prawn Sauce and Cod with baby mussels and mushroom terrine where delicious! The desserts of Creme Brulee with Strawberries and Pineapple Meringue with Apple Sorbet, rounded off what was a true taste sensation.
Would highly recommend this place.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We visited Mirabelle on the recommendation of friends who had been for a meal there and thoroughly enjoyed it.
The decor is very chic, the view over the lake gorgeous and the owner extremely welcoming and friendly. But all these are nothing compared to the food. Every course was a taste sensation and beautifully presented. With a set price menu, you knew what to expect of the bill at the end and so there are no nasty shocks.
The choice on the menu wasn't massive but you were still spoilt for choice because everything on there sounded lovely.
We had a lovely chat with the owner, who is from Torquay so local to where I live. The food, however, is undeniably French and prepared by her French Chef Husband.
The weather certainly wasn't great for our Brittany holiday but this was certainly one of the bright spots of the week.
This is the first time I have ever felt compelled to write a restaurant review but this restaurant deserves all praise bestowed on it.
We thoroughly recommend a visit.
Michele and Mike Radant