“Top class dining in Huelgoat with a lake view”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mirabelle

Mirabelle
Ranked #3 of 16 Restaurants in Huelgoat
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
UK
“Top class dining in Huelgoat with a lake view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2012

We visited Mirabelle on a Saturday evening, we nearly didn't book thinking that it was a quiet time of year - luckily we did book as we got the table with the view of the lake and by the time we left the restaurant was full. We were the only English people in that night which I think is a great compliment to the chef. We went for the Entrée, Plat & Dessert menu for €28 each.

I started with the parsnip soup with chorizo - it was the best parsnip soup I have ever had! My husband has the garlic butter stuffed mussels which he thoroughly enjoyed. We demolished the basket of fresh bread and were quickly supplied with more bread and butter on request.

For main course I had the roasted breast of duck with sweet potato and an orange sauce - you do get a whole duck breast and I struggled to get through it simply because of the size, though my husband kindly helped out. He had hake with fennel and tomato which he also enjoyed. With both had meringues with fresh fruit and chantilly cream for dessert - the cream was a bit runny for me but that was probably my mistake. Had the house red with the meal which was very agreeable.

The restaurant is owned by a English/French couple who are friendly and welcoming. We are planning to go back on our next trip to Brittany (we own some gites in nearby Collorec which we had been working on - this was our reward meal out at the end of our trip after preparing them for the season). It is more expensive than some of the other restaurants in the area but the price reflects the quality of the food and the ambiance. Looking forward to our next visit already.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank KatzUK

Scrignac
“Sophistication in Les Monts d'Arree”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

I have had connections in the area for forty plus years and live permanently nearby and use local restaurants frequently. There are some excellent restaurants for Les Menus Ouvrier and some indeed do reach above that level. However in my opinion the Mirabelle achieves higher standards than is normal in the area and delivers it with a level of urban chic that one scarcely ever sees. The food is great, and the wine list wine and really quite good value. The service was impeccable considering we were there on St Valentine's night and the place was rammed. We had our three year old with us and that was absolutely no problem. The room decoration, furniture, table setting etc were far above what is seen frequently in the area. Have already recommended to friends and would heartily do so again.

• Visited February 2012
Poole, United Kingdom
“High quality menu in a lovely setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2012

For a treat try this restaurant located on the edge of the lake. The menu offers some superb choices and I can honestly say I have never had a better steak anywhere else. You can eat indoors or out and watch the swallows skim the water at sunset whilst enjoying some fabulous quisine

Visited August 2011
York
“Read the reviews, tried the food, completely agree!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2011

I went on a Tuesday night a couple of weeks ago and found that everything said about the place was correct . Great food(Chef/Owner-Donnay-Think thats how you spell it?), lovely host (All other jobs! Hostess/Owner, Jenny) and due to the method of not trying to pack everybody in at once, time to talk to them both and find out more about their philosophy of running this supeb place. Could not fault it.

• Visited August 2011
uk
“Fabulous Restaurant and BnB”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2011

We stayed at Mirablle's for 4 nights over this Bank Holiday weekend and was absolutely fabulous Jenny and Denis couldnt do any more for you they are more like friends we have know for years - So friendly.
We watched the Tri-athalon swim from their sun terrace and had a great stay
The room was fabulous, very French and spotlessly clean. and the food OMG was to die for
Thank you Jenny and Denis we will definitely be staying with you again next year, we just loved staying with you both :O)

• Visited August 2011