“A very pleasant surprise!”

Ristorante Coquille
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 8, 2019

It was a surprise because for three nights we were sitting opposite this place drinking gin and tonics (Vittoria, a great place to people watch while sinking a sundowner or two). Anyway, we noticed this place and thought it was some kind of swanky bar and maybe nightclub for later. Then we were looking for somewhere to have a nice meal one night and TripAdvisor threw this one up without us realising it was the swanky bar we'd been looking at.

So, that was the surprise when our gps map took us right there

The restaurant was at the back and is very contemporary as is the menu.

The salads we had to start were very good. Nicely dressed, very fresh and tasty.

I had the Goan fish curry and it was excellent for the price (€14 or €15, can't remember exactly). The service was excellent too. Our waitress took us through the menu in perfect English and our mains arrived at the same time. Her wine recommendation was spot on. We couldn't fault any aspect of our experience.

One thing I would say to the restaurant is to take the guy off the front door. He looks like a doorman (bouncer) and put a woman out there with a menu. Would look less intimidating. You would never know it was a restaurant, you think it is just a swanky night spot.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I had dinner here. The food was fantastic (and they had a good variety of options!), as were the cocktails and the service. Unfortunately we were staying on the other side of the island otherwise we definitely would’ve gone back! Would highly recommend

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank Em672
Reviewed July 9, 2018

If you visit Ischia, you simply must eat here. The classy surroundings feature gardens and running water, with suitably atmospheric music are so relaxing. Not only Italian food is on offer but also elements of Japanese, Indian and Chinese cuisine. Chopsticks and cutlery are available on the tables. We both started with sushi and I then had Goan Fish Curry that was so good that upon trying it my wife resolved to return another day to order it herself. Dishes are artfully arranged, with my wife's main course arriving within half of a hollowed out pineapple (and also on a plate). We shared a four seasons dessert which had small portions of coffee mousse, chocolate mousse, creme brulée and panna cotta with pistachio nuts. All extremely reasonably priced, and great for a change from traditional mediterranean food - though this is on offer as well. One of my favourite restaurants that I've ever eaten in due to the ambience here.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed September 23, 2017 via mobile

From the super friendly staff as you enter to the excellent service they provide along with their fusion food this place is a must when you visit Ischia, the surrounding is up market yet warm and welcoming, their bar area surrounded by lights and water feature create a great fun atmosphere, we had Japanese starters and Indian main course and the food was extremely tasty ( I would definitely recommend the Goan fish curry if you like spicy food) I wasn't keen on the first wine we ordered and the staff replaced the wine with an alternative of our choice without hesitation.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed September 9, 2017

Simply chic and unique. Good service, excellent presentation, champagne and oysters but even more! And if it rains... they serve you under a white water resistant tent

Date of visit: September 2017