“Fantastic again”

Ranked #10 of 68 Restaurants in Ischia Porto
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 27, 2017 via mobile

We visited I ricci for our last meal during our trip to Ischia three years ago. We liked it so much that this time, it was the first.
Do you know how hard it is to get the same excitement over some dish repeated? I was afraid that the mussels in spicy tomato sauce just won't be the same. But they were. A dish so simple, yet so delicious. Definitely try it!
The rest (tuna carpaccio, octopus salad, pasta with rabbit ragout, fried calamari) was good as well, but nothing surpassed the mussels.
One dessert, half a litre of house red, two limoncellos, three coffees, all for 107€. Not cheap, but still worth it.

Date of visit: April 2017

Reviewed October 29, 2016 via mobile

Great location. Food was ok but overpriced and was not the best quality. Mozzerella was underwhelming, spaghetti with sea urchins dull.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed September 13, 2016 via mobile

Dinner for 5. Nice ambience, (with outside patio great place for Fall daytime lunch), although we had dinner. Tables not on top of each other like some restaurants. Noise level high but seems to be the case just about everywhere. Had the trout which was very good. Service timely and efficient. 5 Cocktails, hors d'oeuvres, dinner (one was just spaghetti), and coffees totaled $397. Valet parking.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed September 11, 2016 via mobile

Great food. Very good and hearty service. Also in english though seemed to have lots of locals. If you get past the five overpriced tourist restaurants in this harbour you will be rewarded.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed August 28, 2016 via mobile

We went to I Ricci on the last night of our stay in Ischia. It was extremely busy, but they were able to fit us in with a great table facing the harbour.

Overall, everything was superb, we shared the steak and the profiteroles, which were both fantastic. Best meal we had in Ischia, and potentially the whole of our trip to Italy!

Date of visit: August 2016