“Feared it was a shill's recommendation. It wasn't. AMAZING food!”
Review of I Ricci

I Ricci
Ranked #8 of 61 Restaurants in Ischia Porto
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 19, 2012

At the end of our day trip from Procida to Ischia, we stopped at the tourist office at Ischia Porto and asked for a recommendation for a good seafood restaurant, with I Ricci being the recommendation. My insecurity quotient always goes high on such recommendations as one never knows if it's a shill recommending a lousy place to eat or if it's legitimate. As we walked the length of the Via Porto, passing by restaurant after restaurant until finally arriving at I Ricci, far at the end, my insecurity quotient went even higher, thinking this place was so far at the end of the street that the only way it could get trade was to get a shill to front for it. Well . . . this was one of the best recommendations I've ever had. The seafood was amazing. I thought I had died and gone to heaven. My wife felt the same. Walk on by all the competition on the Via Porto, and settle in here for a great meal. Our service was exemplary!

Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

Short walk. Long memory. Will definitely come back! Mom and Daughter are a wonderful. Rucolino was a wonderful finish to the evening.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Walk towards the end of the port and you'll find this lovely restaurant. Served by the charming proprietress, the service was attentive and helpful. I wanted something vegetarian and was very pleased with a vegetable platter simply but beautifully cooked in lemon and garlic. This place was a much better choice than some of the bigger, showier restaurants along the harbour.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Realy nice fresh food, fantastic linguine with gamberi, great and romantic view on the harbour and the authentic fisher mens boats with carring owner Lucianna. A perfect evening, we will definately go back to try the arragosta! The prices were very sympathetic as well!

Reviewed August 21, 2012

We embarked on our trip to I Ricci with high expectations as most of the reviews on TripAdvisor were very positive. Sadly we left very disappointed.

Let's start with the service; dreadful. We were practically ignored for the first half an hour whilst all the tables around us were served. This continued throughout the whole meal; it took so long that I ended up with DVT in my legs.

The delay in service was made worse by the waitress forgetting one of our main courses. 2 and half hours in to the meal to be told one of our group wouldn't be eating was not ideal.

All of this would have been bareable if the food was great. Unfortunately it was just average. Some of our group did have really good meals but generally we were not impressed.

Maybe we caught them on a bad day but the catalogue of errors would suggest not.

1  Thank GerardMcGovern