Coopershill in beautiful Co. Sligo is a magnificent Georgian house which has been occupied by the O'Hara family for seven generations. Simon O'Hara (and Alice the dog) welcomed us to his home and made us feel completely at home. Nothing was too much trouble. And he was a mine of information on the area.
There are just eight rooms, all very spacious with beautiful views from the windows. The whole house is furnished with antiques, many of them originals from when the house was built in the mid-1700s.
Christina is in charge of the kitchen, producing delicious food with many ingredients straight from the kitchen garden or Coopershill Farm - couldn't be fresher.
Coopershill is a very special place and I'm sure we'll be back there before too long.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This magnificent Georgian Mansion combines the spaciousness and elegance of an earlier age with the comfort and amenities of today. Most of the rooms have four poster or canopy beds, all rooms have private bathrooms. Candle-lit dinners, a wide choice of wines, open log fires and personal attention from the owners all help to create the atmosphere and hospitality that is special to Coopershill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Coopershill House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coopershill House Hotel Riverstown
- Coopershill Hotel Riverstown
- Coopershill House Ireland/Riverstown