“Dream Trip!”

Culture Discovery Vacations - Day Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Half and full day cooking classes, winery excursions, olive mill tastings, and sightseeing excursions through Lazio, Tuscany & Umbria year round. All days start and end right in Soriano nel Cimino's main piazza.
Yelm, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dream Trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

This was our first trip to Italy, and we could not have chosen a better introduction. Michael and Rocky did a superb job of preparing us for our trip by letting us know exactly what to expect and what to pack, and once we arrived in Soriano, everyone on the CDV staff made us feel at home.

The vacation was split between cooking classes, and days touring the countryside, villages, wineries, and more, learning about the culture and the food. Our tour guides, Linda and Spartaco were a wealth of knowledge of the region and it's history, and Sergio, the driver is excellent at his trade. The small size of our group made it easy to become friends.

The cooking classes at Villa Eddarella were fun and entertaining days in a spectacular setting.

Thanks to all the CDV staff and our fellow travelers for a wonderful time. We'll look forward to next time.

1 Thank Peggy T
mkovnick, Owner at Culture Discovery Vacations - Day Tours, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you!!! You guys were wonderful!! I had such a fantastic time getting to know you and Michael when you were in Soriano! I really, really do hope to see you again! Maybe he will get more Europe routes :-)

Oceanside, New York
“my week in soriano”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

this was amazing. my daughter and i went on this trip together.it was fabulous. we met great people and the staff at culture discovery were awesome.michael and paola are terrific people and made us feel so at home. i would like to do another trip with them in the near future.

Visited October 2013
Thank you so much :-). We had a WONDERFUL time with you, too! Hope to see you again!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“"Perfetto" pizza every time!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

Our CDV experience was absolutely "perfetto"! My sister in law researched and found CDV and as much as I hate to admit (to her), I owe her a huge thanks for finding what turned out to be so much more than we could've ever imagined. This trip happened to be our 26th Anniversary vacation. The entire CDV family treated "all" of us with the utmost respect and the hospitality was just amazing. To live, cook, and eat as "Italians" for only a few days gave Lori and I a lifetime of great memories. It was like visiting family and we look forward to returning soon. BTW, we made about 10 pizzas (CDV recipe) for family/friends and they said it was the some of the best pizza they have ever eaten. I told them I owe it all to you, Carla; RINGRAZIAMENTO!!!! Paola,Michael,Rocky,Spartaco,Ian,Carla,Rita, Sergio, (Susan) and everyone else thank you for the best vacation experience Lori and I have ever had!!! We express the highest recommendation to book on of these trips!!!! See you soon "cucina famiglia"!!

2 Thank shawn b
Wow! I owe you guys a very, very special thank you! You guys were absolutely awesome, and you will never fully know how important that was to all of us! I will forever think of you guys every time I see a Thunder game! BTW, the shirt was one of the few things that cam back to Florida with me for the winter :-). A very big tip of the hat to all of you!
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Made 20th annivesary the best ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

CDV is truly a once in the life time experience and worth every penny. We got to live like italians for a week, explore places we'd never would have found on our own, taste amazing food and wine, learn how to cook delicious local cuisine, and most importantly, distill our own grappa! Our hosts were perfect, gracious and totally made you feel like family. Best birthday and anniversary celebration ever! Recommending CDV to all our friends and family.

Visited October 2013
Thank soooo much! It especially makes me happy when someone mentions the grappa in a review, of course! I can't wait to get the shot glasses you have sent, and the Birch syrup! But now you have to come back to Italy to try the Birch grappa in your own shot glass, right?
Irvine, California
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Living a Seriano lifestyle while cooking, touring and having fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

After a lot of research, I found Culture Discovery and an amazing week in Italy! I loved the opportunity to live in Soriano in my own apartment, cook wonderful local dishes at the Villa and visit many towns in the area. Every day brought a new experience and even more! We learned how to make cheese from a sheep herder, throw clay at a ceramics factory and harvest grapes at a local vineyard. The tours took us to places most tourists would not visit which gave us another glimpse of life in Italy. I can't say enough about the staff at Culture Discovery. Rocky, Linda, Ean, Carla, Sergio, Paola and Michael and the others were
exceptional and focused on treating us like family. I can't wait to plan my next trip with this group.

Visited September 2013
Thanks so much! What a fantastic week we had, and how awesome the day of harvesting grapes was. It was one of my favorite days of the year :-). Hope to see you again on another trip!