“Good service. Food good ” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Plough Inn

The Plough Inn
Ranked #3 of 20 Restaurants in Hillsborough
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: The Plough Inn is a famous family owned pub boasting an excellent reputation for hospitality, atmosphere & wonderful food. In business for over 20 years the Plough offers a contrasting dining experience with award winning pub grub lunches & fantastic gourmet dining in our highly acclaimed restaurant seven nights a week. Launched September 2012 our brand new Simply Seafood restaurant at the Plough Inn. Simple, affordable, fresh local seafood in the beautiful village of Hillsborough every Friday & Saturday night. Our public bar is the quintessential "local", a traditional pub with a fantastic selection of beers, wine & spirits. All major live sport shown daily, weekly pub quiz & live music every Friday & Saturday night!
Bristol
“Good service. Food good ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Friendly, attentive and polite service. Food overall good but pathetic Yorkshire pudding. Bistro decor pretty standard. Recommended.

uk
“mg101”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014

Four of us were based in Hillsborough last weekend, the Plough had been booked for us by a colleague so it was an unknown quantity for all of us, we were not dissappointed lot larger than it looks from the street, it was Saturday night and very busy, however we were quickly shown to our table and proceeded to enjoy a first class meal, attentive staff, good food, nothing pretentious, nice wine, a perfect end to a busy day.

Visited May 2014
Lisburn
“enjoyable dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

Went out to dinner with the family on a Sunday evening in April and really enjoyed it. The service was friendly and welcoming. The rib and wings starter was delicious although my son would have liked more ribs, the soup was good and the goats cheese starter heavenly. The steaks and beef were tasty with good sauces but the rare steaks were served medium. I had the lobster which was overdone disappointing and rubbery. Unfortunately the desserts I would have chosen were finished and the alternatives didn't appeal, but my family highly recommend the sticky toffee pudding!

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Belfast, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

I ate here for lunch in May 2014 and my SO and I were really pleased with our meals. The food is better than traditional 'pub grub' and presented really nicely. The menu has a lot of great options. I will definitely return for another visit

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Portrush, United Kingdom
“out with friends”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

My husband & I meet our friends here for dinner. We were one of the first groups there for dinner but it very quickly filled up, even though it was a Thursday evening. I went for the Seafood Chowder, which the server explained was with a tomato sauce. I didn't expect it to be like a tomato soup - although it was very nice. I don't think I would order it again it was abit too rich. The men went for Surf n Turf which was steak & lobster served with chunky chips and my friend went for regular steak . Everyone enjoyed their dinner and we had room for ice cream.

Visited April 2014