“Going downhill since they took over!”
Review of Cafe Deelite

Cafe Deelite
Ranked #12 of 21 Restaurants in Hillsborough
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Situated at the top of the town in Hillsborough, it's a real treat whether you're visiting the local heritage, or just want some fabulous home cooking with a friendly atmosphere. This is the place to go!!!
Reviewed August 25, 2013

As customers of the previous owners we were happy to continue our custom. Oh dear, two enormous cups of coffee with a spoon thrown into each and set down on the table. No decorum here! What vile coffee, neither of us could drink it. This was told to the staff on paying, who blamed the supplier but still took our money. No apologies were forthcoming. That combined with watery vegetable soup and stale rolls back in June will not entice us back. :-(

CafeDeelite, Manager at Cafe Deelite, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Hi there. I am very sorry to hear of your experience in the Café. This is certainly in stark contrast to the vast majority of the reviews and feedback we have received from our customers, but that's not to say that I am not taking your feedback seriously.

In regard to the rolls, we actually get fresh breads in regularly throughout each week to avoid staleness. I am sorry to hear you did not like the large mugs of coffee as we introduced them based on customer requests and the coffee remains with Johnsons, who were the suppliers during the previous owners time in Café Chimes so we have kept continuity where it was popular and made changes to other areas since taking over in October 2012.

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, if you have any suggestions I would be delighted to take them on board, you can contact me at cafedeelite@yahoo.co.uk

Reviewed August 18, 2013

After a long walk round Hillsborough Forest, we found Cafe Deelite to be the first place we passed by on the look out for a bite to eat. I ordered a filled soda (£2:95) and a pot of tea and my friend ordered a cappucchino along with a chocolate topped piece of shortbread. The total bill came to £7:80. The delightful waitress was only too happy to oblige with my request for an additional egg in the soda at no extra cost (I did tip extra to make up for this). Will most definitely return in the not too distant future as I was extremely impressed by the level of service and the quality of food on offer for very reasonable prices.

CafeDeelite, Manager at Cafe Deelite, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your kind review. We work hard at keeping up the quality in our selection, whilst keeping the prices low. If you have any suggestions for our menu, catering requests or and questions you can contact us on our Facebook page.

Nice to have you as a new customer and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

After a lovely tour of Government House we called into Cafe Deelite for a cup of tea. I ordered at the counter and paid the bill £9.20 in advance. We enjoyed our tea and left. We had not walked far up the street when we heard someone shout in a loud voice, "Excuse me!" We stopped and turned around to see a member of the cafe staff standing on the top step and shouting in our direction."Have yous paid?" We were extremely embarrassed and thankful that we did not live in Hillsborough as the street was very busy on lovely Saturday afternoon! What a way to treat customers.

I can understand your concerns in the way the question was asked to you in such a public way. This was a genuine error and the young girl was very upset that she caused you embarrassment. This is not a reflection of our customer service in Café Deelite.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

was up in Hillsborough getting motorbike service went up town and went in to get a coffee and tea for wife we got cooked sodas were good vaule when we are up getting bike work done will use

Hi Paul

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your kind review. We are glad you enjoyed your visit to us in Café Deelite. Good luck with your bike :)

We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Visited Hillsborough on Mothers Day 2013, has a great walk around the lake with a friend then called into Cafe Deelite after. Atmosphere was really friendly and food was to die for! had a gorgeous cooked breakfast. I purchased some home baked buns that were a victoria sponge with fresh cream and strawberries, I bought four to bring my mums for mothers day, only one bun made it to her house as I could not stop eating them on the way there, not so good for the diet but they were delicious. Can't wait to get back to Cafe Deelite :-)