“Appalling service-will not be back.”
Review of Prima Gusto

Prima Gusto
Ranked #6 of 21 Restaurants in Hillsborough
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the new Prima Gusto at Harry’s Road.We have decided to revamp and renew, to offer all our guest old and new an exciting, comfortable and restful experience. If we can accommodate we will endeavour to give you a large variety in our already extensive range throughout. Our staff are ready and willing to make your visit a truly enjoyable one. With the addition of soft furnishings and extending our informal menu range plus our chefs specials I am sure we have something to suit everyone from out great coffee and tea menus, our wine, beer, soft drinks and waters right the way to our cakes, locally sourced fish and meat dishes, vegetarian & salads and gluten free.We will make sure its an all in all great time Sincerely Stephencoffee shop and bistro, just off the main A1 - Belfast to Dublin road.
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

I came here with my folks as we had heard some good reviews.
I want to keep this brief and to the point-
- Advised when we came in to "grab a seat if we could find one". I found this rude & very bad customer service.
- Had to ask the waitress to come over and take our order after waiting 20 minutes, and being ignored twice.
- 40 minute wait on food (3 toasties!!??)
- Drinks slammed on the table after 10 minutes.
- After enquiring where our food was, when the order arrived it was incorrect. By this point our tea/coffee was luke warm.
- When paying were asked "was everything okay for you?". We responded that it wasn't. Waitress asked what table we were at, them proceeded to ask us for payment. No apology or discount for the wait or getting the order wrong.

I will NOT be back.

3  Thank Zyrista

Reviewed May 27, 2013

This is by far the worst restaurant I have ever been to in my life! The reviews you may have heard about this being poor service, long waits and rude staff, cannot be more true!! I was told about this restaurant and it having good service, so I figured we'd give it a try. Upon entering, we weren't shown or recommended to where to sit, but the casual "grab a seat, if you can find one" (poor, poor customer service). Upon finally finding a seat for ourselves, we noticed that no menus were being given out at all. I further noticed that people had to actually go and collect them themselves. I have NEVER in all my life had to, or ever seen customers having to collect their own menu, in a supposed restaurant, where they were supposed to be handed out (i have worked in restaurants too, and this has always been done!), that should have been handing them out. Granted, yes it was busy, but this is still no excuse! Upon a THIRTY MINUTE wait, our order still hadn't come. I managed to call a waitress over (on the THIRD attempt) and asked where our food was. I noticed that she went up to the till and typed something in.... (suspect!), After a further wait, our order came, only to find it was COMPLETELY wrong! We were told it could be changed, but I said "no it will only take another 30 minutes. we will make do", Make do in a supposed restaurant, which might I add isn't the cheapest! so much for this recommendation. a simple meal turning into a damned fiasco! I just wanted to have a simple meal. Upon coming up to the till, I was asked "was everything ok?" I said "no, we didn't get the right order", to which the waitress said "which table number". I wasn't sure of the table number but told her where it was... the response.... "Ok, that is £18.75".... what terrible service. Please heed my warning - don't waste your time, money or effort going into this restaurant. If you do, this will probably happen to you too! The food was also moderate. I have tasted better, for cheaper!!

5  Thank Cormac74
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Went to Prima Gusto this afternoon for lunch with my parents. This was my first visit there and wanted to try it out as it was close to Spruce field where we had been shopping. The restaurant was spacious and although busy we got a table immediately. The menu has a great variety for all tastes and prices were very reasonable. We opted for a filled bagel, a toastie and a pannini with 3 coffees. The coffees came before the meal and were finished before it arrived but we got a refill which I was impressed with. The food was delicious and great value for money and we really enjoyed the whole experience. We will definitely go back and I would recommend the food, the service and the ambience. Definitely one worth trying.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Me and my friend went to this bistro, which we had to wait ages for someone to take our order then finally the manager took our order, very rude person and has no people skills. we had the sticky chicken which was on top of the mash..which looked like baby food..the chicken was rubbery and was it was gone in 2seconds for 7.50 this is not what i would expect!
going up to pay for this we was asked was everything ok,,i replied it wasn't the best if im honest. they went and got the manager which was the same woman that took our order, we told her the problem which she was very rude and shouted at us as we left.
very miserable staff and not one smile! i wouldn't step foot in the place again!

2  Thank mandi h
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stopped off here for lunch and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food on offer. Fresh tasty homemade soup and imaginitive sandwiches, plus one of the best homemade bagels I have ever tasted.
Well priced, warm atmosphere, really quite stylish and friendly service.
We will definitly be back.