“Great Sunday lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Pheasant

The Pheasant
Ranked #1 of 20 Restaurants in Hillsborough
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Our menus are designed to offer the best and freshest of local produce, including game from the neighbouring Larchfield Estate and ingredients and dishes from around the globe. As a sister restaurant to the Award Winning Plough Inn, Hillsborough, naturally seafood is our house speciality all year round. Our aim is to offer something to satisfy everyone's tastes. Our friendly and attentive staff are here to ensure that you relax and simply enjoy a taste of "good olde Irish hospitality".
Lisburn, United Kingdom
“Great Sunday lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

We booked just 2 hrs before arrival so were lucky to get a table in this busy restaurant. Husband gad prawns/ smoked salmon to start and declared it excellent. I gad roast beef for main and he has lamb chops. Both cooked beautifully. We were so full had to leave some. I managed some gorgeous sticky toffee pudding though! Staff were very friendly and helpful when we asked pro move as heater was on and we were too warm. Will definitely return. Suits all ages.

• Visited May 2014

Belfast, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pathetic Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

I have eaten here several times and generally like the place, I have normally eaten in the pub and beer garden as have young kids and try to avoid the retaurant. We were seated and welcomed well by a lady but the service was pathetic from there on. The staff are too busy chatting to locals and rush past your table, never stopping as per the custom to check if everything is ok or if you need anything else, we did need a few things but gave up as couldnt get anyones attention. When I eventually received the bill I noticed a large round of drinks which were not mine had been added. I could see that this round belonged to a few off duty staff members at the bar so wasnt impressed, perhaps a genuine mistake but annoyed me. I was then told that the card machine wasnt working and that the manager was trying to fix it upstairs. I then watched as the barman went about serving drinks and chatting. I thought he was was waiting on his manager. My wife and kids had gone to the car to wait for me as was close to their bedtime and we needed to get home quickly. When I gave up waiting and approached the barman it was clear he had completely forgotten about me and said he would put it through manually. I had sat for over 10 minutes right in front of him with my card on the table. he then produced a docket he had ran manually using my card and asked I sign it, without either giving me a receipt showing the corrected amount and without any amount shown on the docket so he mistakenly thought I was going to sign a blank docket with my bank details! The food was actually very tasty and well presented but the manager needs to take a closer look at this pathetic service.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank j d
PheasantRestaurant, Public Relations Manager at The Pheasant, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Customer,

Thank you very much for your review and your very valuable feedback.

Your feedback, and the feedback from all of our guests is vitally important to us and we always want guest expectations to be met...upon arrival!

We are glad you enjoyed your meal at The Pheasant, however we sincerely apologise for the level of service you experienced.

We understand how the mix up with the bill would have annoyed you, and we are looking into this matter further so that it won't happen again. In terms of the availability of staff and their level of attention to our customers, this is something which we take very seriously. Service should be number one priority at all times!

Again, we sincerely apologise for your recent experience and are looking into all details of your review to make sure it doesn't happen again.

We really hope you will return again soon in the near future.

If we can be of further assistance or you would like to get in touch, please contact us at: 028 9263 8056 or email: info@thepheasantrestaurant.co.uk.
Hillsborough, United Kingdom
“Good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

My wife and I regularly eat at The Pheasant especially their early bird, which is good value for money, and if you want a booth you will need to book a couple of days in advance. Have always found staff to be reasonably friendly, even when they are under pressure. Plenty of car parking space and no traffic wardens so you can enjoy your meal without worry.

• Visited March 2014
antrim
“enjoyable lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

My wife and I had a late lunch at the Pheasant last weekend. The food was good value and on the whole well cooked (I'd asked for my liver to be cooked medium rare but it was more medium well but it was still tastey).

All in all we will definitely return

• Visited April 2014
Saintfield, United Kingdom
“Steak platter for 2”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

4 of us went here to get the steak platter deal. It's really good value 8oz sirloin and an 8oz rump steak 2 sides and 2 sauces for £19.95. The steaks were cooked perfectly and tasted great. The restaurant is nice and cosy and has a really relaxed atmosphere and I loved the open fire! Staff were ok but not overly pleasant, our steaks were brought out together but had a gap in waiting for the sides. I only went here because of the deal the menu for me is too fussy and nothing else would appeal to me on it. There was 2 deserts both went down well. Decent sized portions for the price you pay. Not a scrap of food left on any of the 4 plates. Would def recommend.

2 Thank victoria f