“Great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Pheasant

The Pheasant
Ranked #1 of 20 Restaurants in Hillsborough
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Our menus are designed to offer the best and freshest of local produce, including game from the neighbouring Larchfield Estate and ingredients and dishes from around the globe. As a sister restaurant to the Award Winning Plough Inn, Hillsborough, naturally seafood is our house speciality all year round. Our aim is to offer something to satisfy everyone's tastes. Our friendly and attentive staff are here to ensure that you relax and simply enjoy a taste of "good olde Irish hospitality".
Bangor, United Kingdom
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have visited here with my wife and her family on a few occassions now for tea. the service has always been friendly and efficient and food tasty and a very good standard.I would definately recommend.

Saintfield, null, United Kingdom
“Great Food Service a let down”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

Haven't ate here in a long time and happened to eat here twice in one week. I cam here on a Monday evening with a friend. The food was lovely I had a burger while my friend had the stir fry. The service was real slow considering it was a Monday evening thought it would of been faster. I then ate the follwoing Saturday and the very same thing nice food but slow service. I feel the only thing letting this place down is the slow service otherwise it would be five all the way.

1 Thank Jenny R
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Great tasty food well priced, service a bit slow”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

Visited the Pheasant on Tuesday evening, They have a very popular early bird menu between 5 -7pm , I had the Beef Pitta pocket and friends had Chicken pitta pocket and the Boat trash. All of the ffod was delicious well presented and very tasty, Service was a little slow, we waited about 35mins for our food to arrive , the place was busy but i felt it was a bit long to wait. The staff were friendly and helpful . especially looking after our little one.
£36 for 3 main course and 2 alcoholic drinks

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Good food in a pleasant ambience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

The food was tasty and not overly expensive. The interior is cosy with some tables in booths. The staff was attentive

Visited November 2012
“Pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

From start to finish my partner and I had a brilliant experience at the pheasant.on arrival we were seated promptly and our drinks where quick to follow.my partner had creamy mussels which were to die for,I had a prawn cocktail with a melon twist,different but it worked...very impressive so far. Then to follow sirloin and fillet cooked to PERFECTION!!! Roast root veg,garlic fries tomato and mushroom,I didn't want it to end.there is clearly some talented chefs in the kitchen,so why not make homemade desserts.very enjoyable and would highly recommend.