“Worst meal ever”

Ranked #15 of 21 Restaurants in Hillsborough
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I have never left such a terrible review. This was the worst meal I have ever had and there was also a fusty smell. My favorite part of an Indian meal is the naan bread and it was disgusting. I am not normally fussy, neither is my husband but we could not even eat the main meal. We both had different mains but they both tasted the same and that was not a good thing. Bland, tasteless and rubbery chicken, we were very disappointed. This is the first time I have ever left a restaurant having hardly touched my meal. We had to get a pizza on the way home. Rake my advice and go to Belfast for an Indian meal, Moguel is the best ever or the Jarhna.

3  Thank Harbo1975

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I have to agree with previous reviews this restaurant is not a pleasant place. It is dark and very dated. This wouldn't normally put me off a restaurant but the cleanliness and poor quality of food was my concern.

Dust and cobwebs everywhere. Lampshades had no bulbs and were thick with dirt. The place itself was musty, I did not expect to have to come home and wash the musty aroma out of my clothes. The fly mentioned in previous posts must be a resident there because it hovered over our plates all evening.

The real disappointment for me was that after a VERY LONG wait the food didn't make up for the dingy surroundings. Not even the naan bread which was worse than any shop bought naan I have tried. This should be an Indian basic...

Such a pity because the staff are very pleasant and the place has potential but I get the impression that the owners don't want to even try to make it nice - if lightbulbs can't be replaced and the restaurant not properly cleaned, what corners are they cutting behind the scenes in the kitchen....

2  Thank Laureler
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Had a meal on Thursday 29th August @8.30pm with my son at this restaurant we used a Groupon deal so value was great

The food was very nice well presented and the taste was awesome ,the only downside in my opinion was the the main portion was a little on the small side, The service was very quick. The young waiter had a great "can i help you attitude" he was extremely helpful and courteous.

Beer was cold in Bottles ( Cobra Beer) £2.90 ish a bottle but very nice ,lots of cold drinks available .

It is a out of town location , but a very nice place, nice and clean but praps a bit to big for a restaurant, it felt a bit cold at first but you soon warm up to the place.

I cannot wait to visit the restaurant again due to the outstanding tasting food and the service we received

1  Thank Graham M
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Great food and great service. We were seated in the waiting area for 15mins whilst having ordered our courses. Then we moved to a quiet table for 2 where we were served a delicious meal at a great 'GroupOn' price and we both thought the service was excellent. In addition, it was a Saturday night and the place was 3/4 full. There were also lots of takeaways being ordered
The only problem was that the place did smell a little damp as per a previous comment and the outside of the building was not what you'd expect.
Overall though, it was still great food (both quality and quantity) for a £19 group on deal.

1  Thank gareth c
Reviewed September 1, 2013

My wife and I enjoy Indian food and having heard about Revivals, thought we would give a try as it is quite close to home.

On arriving at the premises, where we had intended to use the restaurant, 1st impressions were not at all good. As mentioned by others, we werent sure if the place was opened for business but made our way in. The restaurant was empty, which didn't surprise us. Not very welcoming or atmospheric at all in appearance. We quickly decided to order our food 'to go' and proceeded to wait... & wait we did! I wish I could say it was worth the wait but no. What's worse is, the length of time we waited would have had us down the M1 to the Jharna.

We made our way home with our food in bags. Limp discoloured brown lettuce & wet salad, rubbery lamb, bland sauces with a distinct hint of Fairy Liquid (maybe its a cheaper ingredient than coriander?).

The entire experience was fairly disappointing with virtually no redeeming highlights. :-(

1  Thank Kev-Tripper