Dylan's House of Candy
Ranked #3 of 8 things to do in Naxxar
More attraction details
Owner description: Dylan's House of Candy - All the candy you can dream of!
Saint Julian's, Malta
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
Reviewed January 3, 2014

The promotional video is more flashy than the actual shop and the facade of the store isn't all that inviting for children, albeit it being a candy store. In Malta we seem to have something against creating beautiful-looking window display art! I work in Advertising, and like everyone in advertising and the visual arts, I know how people eat with their eyes, be it a perfume shop, a clothes shop, and let alone a candy store for kids! Yeah it's got some great things on the inside, but without your shop looking like Willy Wonka's chocolate wonderland, displaying your windows with artistic dream-like stands and configurations, your store's just as good as any other candy store on the island. It really does not make you want to stop and go inside. Get a decorator and a window display artist to design your shop facade in an attractive manner and organize your products on display! Two stripes of brightly-coloured paint above the steps to your cave-like venue doesn't really cut it, and it's a pity.

Visited December 2013

Caboolture, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Dylan's house of candy..... It was a very small store granted had a small variety of confectionery but was very expensive and the items that we paid 1.50euro per 100grams we found in a supermarket just down the road also at naxxar for 75c so I would suggest going for the experience but was overpriced!!!

Visited June 2013
DylBez, Owner at Dylan's House of Candy, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
First of all thanks for your comments.

It is the first time we are hearing that we do not have a large variety of items in our shop, although it is a small shop we have new items which are brought weekly. All the items are kept in good condition, not like what you find in other stores, where all stock is kept for months.

I would like to clear something out; our pick n' mix section starts from 1Eur per 100grms for the sweets, normal chocolate at 1.50Eur per 100grms & fine chocolate at 2.50Eur per 100grms.

We would be happy if you can send all your comments on our email; info@dylanshouseofcandy.com

Thanks again,
Dylan's House of Candy Naxxar
Sosnowiec, Polska
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“House of sweets :)”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Perfect house full of sweets :) You should to try it, taste it and smell it :) I liked it very much.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank ch_wilka
Naxxar, Malta
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“House of Candy”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Who hasn't experienced going into big markets and sweet shops full of different coloured cookies and candies?

My pleasure every time I visit Dylon House of Candy as it is a tiny shop with a wide variety of unusual chocolate.
Last time I visited I was amazed seeing chocolate gifts with a message like Well Done etc etc. it is ideal for that small treat and for giving special gifts to friends and family. While at House of Candy has also cather for lactose intolerants......which is Super!!!

Loved also the quality and the warm approach you are always given....truely a very big we'll done and Keep It Up!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Isabelle V
Malta
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Amazing!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This shop is simply amazing! When you go in, it's like entering the past - it's full of the sweets and treats we used to buy when we were kids! They've got a wide range of sweets and chocolates and they even stock a variety of sugar-free sweets as well as some American brands. I was jumping for joy when I found Hershey's cookies and cream chocolate bar and my friend was doing the same when she found Reese's!

The fudge is the best I've tasted so far - it's the one bought in tablets and broken with a hammer. Sure some of the items are a little pricey but they're totally worth it! And I can't not mention the awesome feeling I had when I purchased my first ever Wonka Bar!! :D

I recommend anyone with a sweet tooth to go to this small but wonderful shop! :) It's not that hard to find either :) It's pretty much in the centre of Naxxar.

Visited January 2013