“Extra charges - ridiculous”

Creme Cafe at Yorkdale
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Naxxar
Cuisines: Healthy, Fast Food
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Crème Café is different from any other Cafe. It is a new development a fresh, creative environment. Crème Café is located within Yorkdale, a newsagent, bookshop and gift shop that has been established in 1980. Hence at Crème Café you may browse, shop, meet, sip and taste in an atmosphere you enjoy!
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Place is cool and service is great BUT to charge me extra for the milk that I asked for my coffee ??? It is ridiculously new to me !!! Also the lady (maybe owner) asked if we wanted salad with the baguettes, we said yes and I asked if it comes at an extra charge? She said yes but to be charged extra for few leaves of lettuce and two slices of tomatoes.... Is it also ridiculously new !! Everywhere else baguettes are served with salad or crisps... I have visited a few times but only now realized that although menu prices are reasonable they have a lot of extra charges......I order coffee and you charge me for the milk hahahaha

3  Thank hric
CliveXuereb, Manager at Creme Cafe at Yorkdale, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Extra charges.

Primarily we thank you for your visit at our cafe. We are very customer oriented and we value each customer review to ensure a better experience for all.

We have read your review and we thank you for it. As from your next visit, you will not be charged the extra charge for the extra (additional) milk you ask for. We agreed for a policy change.

Vis-a-vis the side salad, our policy is not to force clients to purchase this by simply adding it to any product price. We try to set prices that are of good value to travellers.

We thank you for your rating and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

I enjoy going to Yorkdale, service and food are just outstanding.
Its convenient as its down my road so very close by and when i dream of a nice cold milkshake, i know where to go.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

This place is a short walk from home so we have come to enjoy stopping by for a delicious cappuccino and a snack. There is a lovely atmosphere, very pleasant staff, and it is not expensive.

2  Thank Golden_honeybee2004
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Been coming here since it opened and have always been more than happy.

I highly recommend their coffee it's really good

2  Thank saloustar
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Best coffee in Malta, delicious sweets, healthy snacks plus some interesting daily specialities and all this can be enjoyed in the company of a good book. Well done and keep it up:-)

4  Thank Lara_1981_13