Ta' Marku
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: www.facebook.com tamarku
Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

We went there on a saturday evening so one would accept it that you have to wait a little bit for your food to be served, but we waited for over an hour. We took 2 different dishes of pasta, food was ok, nothing special. Although they have the sign at the door, they wouldn't accept any credit cards, so we had to walk all the way to the Naxxar main square for the atm.

Apparently the management has changed as we have been there before and the experience was totally different, as well as the people taking care of the place.

1  Thank countryside16

Reviewed May 22, 2012

A pity. The place looked lovely, and the location was charming, tucked away in a cul de sac. They served a decent coffee and the desserts were bearable , that one time we had found it open, about 2 years ago. However, one thing I have noticed, is their completely non-chalant approach to business - very wishy-washy. I had been there with my boyfriend on 4 separate occasions (between 2011 and 2012) that one time we did manage to find it open! Yet this place seemed to be closed all other times we'd been there lately, despite what their opening hours read. So we would always end up waiting up to 45 minutes to an hour, and eureka - no one came to open. Some Maltese family businesses are rather reluctant for custom! I don't get it at all. Isn't this an EU country? If they say they should be open at a particular time in the evening, then I expect them to be open - If I were the owners, I would be terribly embarrassed. They don't answer your calls, and when I called from right outside, the phone was ringing, but no one picked up. I doubt the place has closed down, I just have the feeling they don't want my money. Very confusing. This place doesn't deserve any custom.

Reviewed May 5, 2012

Relaxing place... Good service, quality of platers are excellent.. i Suggest to try a bottle of wine there in a friendly atmosphere

2  Thank alanMalta
Reviewed May 2, 2012

We went here on a recommendation from our B&B hosts, and were not disappointed. Excellent loca cuisine - lamb, fish and wonderful maltese pastries. The restaurant is a renovated 400 year old stone cut home.

1  Thank Pamela B
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Was back again at Ta' Marku and since my last visit they have introduced a smaller menu with Chef's recommendations, i loved the idea. This time I tried the black shell mussels, I simply loved them, I couldn't help finishing off the gravy with maltese crusty bread... will be back again soon

1  Thank 324NatashaB