“One of my favorite places in San Carlos”
Review of Parador Berlin - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Parador Berlin
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Es el único lugar para pizza en San Carlos, además ofrede buena comida de carne y pescado. El ambiente es magnífico, sobre todo cuando hay transmisión en vivo de futbol en la pantalla grande.
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I have lived near San Carlos for almost two years now, and whenever I visit, I almost always come here to eat. This is the only place that serves non-nica food, and they do it well. Think real pizza, not the typical fare of ketchup on bread, and better salads that you could ever get anywhere else in town. Plus the staff and owner are nice, and they have free wi-fi. Anyone passing through San Carlos should stop by to enjoy this relaxing spot with a cool beer and good food.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I live'd in San Carlos for one year and I'm so thankful for this nice little restaurant. The waiters are really kind but sometimes a bit slow. The owner is a very funny and nice guy from Berlin but you have to be lucky to find him there. The only food I've eaten there was the pizza and the schnitzel. The pizza is pretty good but the schnitzel is awesome (I'm from Germany so I know what I'm talking about ;)). If you're tired of eating gallo pinto and pollo frito or you just want to have same german food, pizza and some Jaegermeister I recommend the "Berlin". Another plus is the big screen where you can watch sports, they have wifi and a power plant in case of a blackout.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

I ate at Parador Berlin twice. The salad was pretty good for Central American standards and came with a quite delicious dressing. However, when I had the burger the second time I was disappointed. The amount of meat in the burger was not any bigger than it would be at McDonalds and it was definitely cooked to death. Both times when I ordered coffee, the cup was half empty and I'm pretty sure the coffee is some sort of Nescafé (which is not that unusual around here though). Service can be slow but is friendly enough and the atmosphere is nice, Wifi works perfectly.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

When you get to San Carlos and have a look around you won't expect finding a restaurant serving German sausages or Schnitzel. I was amazed by the food options from German style plates and regular fish or bocas. Even the salads come with greens and not the usual cabbage, which hit exactly my taste. Very unusual for an area that remote. An overall very positive experience and recommendable bar & restaurant.

3  Thank Zkini
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Had lunch or dinner here several times over the last year, and must say that usually have had very good pizza, however last time it was TERRIBLE. Guess they ran out of pizza sauce and simply used Ketchup as pizza sauce, resulting in the most disgusting pizza I have ever had!!!