“Good fresh water shrimp soup.”
Review of Restaurant Kaoma

Restaurant Kaoma
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in San Carlos
Cuisines: South American
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This Restaurant, is located and faces the Malecon with a nice view of the Grand Lake of Nicaragua. Fresh water Shrimp soup is one of their specialties and certainly it was delicious, affordable prices, nice friendly atmosphere, clean, family owned and operated. I was there January 8Th 2013 The owners also own Posada Dna Juanita nice and clean little hotel.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

This is a nice restaurant with a lovely view over the lago de Nicaragua and tasty food. This is probably the most luxurious place to eat in San Carlos, However travellers of Western countries it is a normal restaurant. I've lived in San Carlos for several week and tried different places to eat, and this one is the best. Other places are more like foodcourts. During nighttime, the basement of Kaoma is is the place to be to go out (together with a place called Champa, which I like more). Several nights a week they have karaoke, which is very popular in Nicaragua.

Reviewed December 15, 2011

We had dinner. I ordered the tipical central america dish (rice, beans, platano) with fried fish and my wife ordered a small burger. My dish was great. The burger was not more than o.k. The beer was served at the excact temp‛.

1  Thank Objective123
Reviewed December 4, 2011

I enjoyed the service and food so much I kept coming back. . The patio and resturant is on the second floor, open air with a view f the bay and the park. This place knw how to treat it´s clients. Waiters that put your napkin on your lap, tablecloths on the table, real cloth nakins and attentive staff. The shrimp is actually lobster. Try this while you are here. It cost me $13 with bottled water. I could hav had a beer and it would have cost me the same. They aslo serve breakfast. While you are there, book into the Hotel across the street called Casa Carina. Jusst $10 for private room with bath. Loved them both.

2  Thank SingleNomad
Reviewed November 21, 2011

Kaoma offers the most complete menu, best food, outstanding location and friendly service. Staff present have been there for a long time and cherish their clients. I was there last a few months ago, and when I arrived they not only remembered me, they recalled my favorite drink and immediately offered it to me. Truly a must if you are in San Carlos.

1  Thank hondurastips