“The best Italian in Ibiza”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Macao Cafe

Macao Cafe
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Madrid, Spain
“The best Italian in Ibiza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

We have been going to Macao for years.....the atmospheres is great, the food is excellent (the pizzas could be a little better). We highly recommend it, but call and make a reservation

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Tom S

“Overated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

Owner was rude two staff rude. Got 3 out of ten meals wrong. Food well below average ibiza standards. Visit before 3 years ago fantastic. Something gone wrong since.

1 Thank 233445
“Yes yes yes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

Macao Cafe is unfortunate to be the last restaurant in a long stretch of the busiest possible place with bars and restaurants of Ibiza. I was on my own this night and I was trying to avoid all the busy places where I would stick out like a sore thumb just by myself. When turning back at where it seemed there were no more options I suddenly noticed this place where literally no one was eating... the place was empty. I had a look at the menu and noticed the way it was presented. None of the horrible plastic pages you get at the tourist traps but handwritten in caligraphy. The menu looked actually good. I decided to risk it and sat down as the only guest. Boy was I glad I did. When I asked for the house red I was given a large glass with at least one third of a bottle in it. I took it as appreciation for my valour. The starter was great and the ravioli I had after that was second to none. The tagliata for a main course could have been better but I had a lot to eat by then, not just this evening but during the course of the day. I decided to leave it at that, not even a coffee as I don't drink any after five. I was offered a Limocello instead which I gratefully accepted. All in all this place deserves a much larger audience. I feel sorry for all the punters spending equal amounts and getting so much less just a stretch away. Why? Because they think if the place is empty there must be something wrong with it. I sometimes think that but in this case don't!

Zurich
“Favourite in Santa Gertrudis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

Escaping to St Gertrudis for a "true" spanish experience in Ibiza we nevertheless returned this year to Cafe Macao.Romantic setting, not too many tables and a great choice of italian / mediterranean dishes.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Serrano_33
stockholm, sweden
“Greta food and ambiance”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

Can fully recommend Cafe Macao. Great open air eating with italien/Spanish food. Family friendly.

• Visited June 2012