“Excellent in every way!”
Review of COMO Restaurant - CLOSED

COMO Restaurant
Cuisines: Asian, Mediterranean, Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Homemade food with passion, COMO offers amazing asian dishes, vegetarian yammies, and moist grilled meat. Enjoy food at it's best; COMO = I eat
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We really enjoyed ourselves at COMO, and had some great food here, for a very reasonable price.

We have been visiting resaurants in Ibiza for 2 weeks now, but I think all of us agree that this one was the most satisfactory for everyone.

Some nice fresh juices, and all the food we ordered had an excellent taste, was served in big portions and was really well made with fresh ingredients..

For the little kids there is a nice little playground on the side of the restaurant, so the parents can enjoy their meal in peace :)

We visited COMO 2 years ago, but the terrace is greatly improved with a nice fresh juice bar outside, it has a lot more atmosphere now in this new set-up.

One of Ibiza's finest!

comoibiza, Owner at COMO Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Thank you so much for your review!
And thank you for enjoying our food and the juices / smoothies!
We recently added a few new smoothies to the menu, one of them an amazing papaya / aloe vera smoothie....
Hope to see you again, have a lovely summer.
The COMO team

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Lack of identity, dirty, not a very good service unlike the last time I just went for coffee and had a lovely italian girl serving me.
The terrace is nice, very colourful but full of cats scratching their ticks off next to you, LOL
I think the staff has gone worse since last year. Because I was speaking french with my couple they did not realized I could understand their conversations...some going on about the owner not paying their salaries (??????)
The kind of place where you get ripped off following the island trend. Santa Gertrudis is a bit expensive overall anyways

1  Thank Indizara
comoibiza, Owner at COMO Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear guest,
I am sorry to read your review, relating to your visit in April.
It might have been that in April (a turbulent month with trials for new staff) there was something not cleaned according to my standards, but one thing we pay very well attention to is the cleanliness of the restaurant entirely. Kitchen, inside, terrace.
There are 2 cats who live about the restaurant, and they are being well looked after by the staff.
Maybe during your visit a new staff member was on trial, and I dare to say that the team we have put together has a very high level of smiling and service; I am proud of them.
A discussion as mentioned surprises me, and if so, it shouldn't have taken place where anybody could overhear it. But a story always has two sides, so please be careful before judging upon someone.
You mention that you like the terrace, thank you, and many other guests praise COMO for it's pleasant and honest identity. As for your rating of our food, and it's value, there is no mention in your review why the food should be bad, and I believe that 25€ on average for a starter and maincourse in a restaurant is very reasonable. At least that is what a lot of our guests say.
Read the other reviews.
I would however like to invite you and your couple, to enjoy some of our lovely food, and to experience the service offered by our great team in a clean and inspiring enviroment.
You are my guest.
Kind regards,
Menno, owner of COMO

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Had a nice night here with friends and family. Como is located in the pretty town of Santa Gertrudis. Beautiful place, with nice terrace and veranda. Food is very good. Salads are big and very nice. We also enjoyed some tapas and the seabass. All very tasteful. Desserts looked beautiful but was too much for our appetite unfortunately.

Thank you for your review.....the good vibes are mainly created by lovely guests like you.!
And tasty food, yes please, it's so easy, and it's such a joy.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

This restaurant was a completely disappointment. The place is not comfortable, the food is nothing special and takes too long to arrive but the worse thing about this place is the service and the waiters that are very rude.

2  Thank Daisy D

We regret the fact that your visit was not what you expected of it.
But you see, we don't like rude customers!
We treat our customers with a lot of care and respect, but do wish to be treated equally.
We offer our service and prepare your food with passion.
I remember the evening with you and your friends, and regret keeping our kitchen open longer for you, and having the staff to work more hours.
We did everything we could, to get you your food as soon as possible, but during the 25 minute wait (a very normal standard for food made fresh to order) we were 3 times confronted with remarks that the food should arrive.
If I explain that we care about our food and our guests, and the response is "I don't give a sh** what you say...", in my opinion, you will always experience these situations. This is also reflected in your other reviews.

Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

The couple who own this place really have put their heart and soul into it. Not only were they welcoming, they made the best mojitos in Ibiza all night for almost ten people!!
We did free shots to celebrate my 30th, and a special glass of cava for everyone.
The food is just another level, its totally amazing and if you go have the seabass you wont be disappointed. A 3 course meal with drinks worked out just under €40, very reasonable for such good food.
I love to find places like this, out the way of the main towns, great atmosphere, good food and drink, all in all you guys made my 30th. Thank you, see you next year!!

Thank you for enjoying our hospitality, it was a pleasure to serve you and your friends, and we will keep on going like this; we do it with love.
The COMO team