“Nice to eat in ones own village”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
41 Wine Bar and Coffee House
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Liss
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Has operated as an eatery under a number of guises over the last few years and was the original village butcher's shop. (chrome meat hanging rails are still .in situ.)
The present incumbent offers breakfast, coffee, lunch and afternoon tea Mon. to Sat. and evening meals Thurs, Fri, and Sat. The venue can be booked for private parties and I attended one such event last week.
There were seventeen of us and the three course meal, pre-chosen from a menu of about five or six items per course was very good indeed. We were all served together very quickly by a young but courteous group and the I was very impressed by the range of wine.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

I celebrated my 30th birthday party at 41 last night and it really was excellent. I hired the whole venue but only had to pay per head for food. They asked me what I wanted so I suggested platters. We ended up with a huge and very impressive Mediterranean buffet including bread, cured meats, hot and cold pasta salads, tarts and a hot risotto plus salad and mini bruschetta. Everyone was impressed with the food and many of my local friends said they'd definitely be returning for dinner. We were offered dessert at a additional cost but, as that was a little more than I wanted to spend, they allowed us to make our own desserts and bring them along. They also supplied candles for my cake!

It was lovely to have the whole venue to ourselves which meant there weren't the usual bar queues and there were enough seats for everyone (22 of us) to sit down to eat plus room to stand chatting with a drink. My friends chose songs to play on 41's laptop and the staff couldn't do enough for us. At the end of the night, they gave us the remainders of the pasta salads to take home so I'll be enjoying their food for the next couple of days.

A perfect evening - I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone planning a similar function.

Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

We went here when it was Gusto's and were really disappointed but recently tried it since its changed hands/name and it was really good so if your after something locally and some good food then try this gem!

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Managed to get a table for 7 at really short notice, brief menu but something for everyone plus plenty of specials, good wine and bill not too scary! Very well worth a visit.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Went to 41 for a birthday dinner. What a GEM, can't believe it!!! Delicious food, fantastic presentation and value. The waiter was very attentive and the chef popped out for a quick chat, nice touch. We really enjoyed our evening and will definetly be back for another evening out. Meanwhile we shall be returning Saturday morning to check out the bagels and coffee. Very enjoyable experience.

1  Thank Rob-Nixie C