Paraiso Rainforest and Beach Hotel
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 11, 2013

It's hard to find a place like this in Honduras. Nice landscaping and something I'd never seen so far in HN with one exception.. Maintenance! For all I care this is the one place with cristal clear water on the swimming pool! I could actually see the seeds and leaves that sunk in there! AWESOME! most of the places I've been around are really scary on the pool maintenance. Two tumbs up on maintenance and landscaping. I found personnel above the average for honduras which is a plus. We were there for a day trip so we used their restaurant. Food is good, perhaps their cook could ease up a little as the pasta was a bit heavier than it should have been, the fish however was quite tasty. If you're like me, you better get a glass of water with every natural drink as they are the real thing! Not a bad thing for most I just like my drinks not so heavy. Looking forward to come back and try their rooms but so far very good! Tiny beach, nice, clean!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
tomasa01, General Manager at Paraiso Rainforest and Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear Carlos,

Thanks for your review. We expect you soon! Best wishes and happy traveling.

Ana

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I made my reservations almost a month before my stay and call the day before to confirmed and I turns out that the ac on the rooms broke down and where getting fix so they couldn't accommodate me for that weekend . They didn't have the decency to call me in advance to cancel my reservation , so if I didn't call to confirmed I probably would made the trip to get there to find out that I didn't have a room to stay in. I understand that this things happened but the least you can do is to make sure that your guest are aware so they have the time to find somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank jessie b
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The Hotel is small, at first I was afraid it would be one of those standard hotels you find anywhere in the world... It is actually a Boutique Hotel. The place is beautiful, landscaping, view, wheather, service, rooms, security and safety, etc...

It really made me want to come back every time I have a chance!!

You should not expect large hotel accomodations, but rather peaceful environment, mountain walks, beautiful sunsets, delicious home style meals, it almost feels you are in the islands...

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 15, 2013

First, don't get scare if nobody knows where this hotel is located, poorly sign on the road, we were in a taxi thinking .. Where are they taking us, well this literally the end of the world, but when we saw the suite, and the surrounding " omg " we felt like in the movie " love, eat & pray"
I must mention, the hotel has new management, so if you were there before November... Sorry but you were in a different hotel!
Only 8 people staff in an 8 rooms hotel (all suites, with 2king size + 1 queen bed), the staff was simply amazing, gentile and professional, even they asked us every night if we needed anything else so they could be released? Shrimp ceviches, mix grill, a la carte breakfast, you name it....
In addition, if you want to do some outdoor activities, do the racawala zip line " OMG" unbelievable, lines of 300-400 ft long, it belongs to the same owner, so the hotel can do the arrangements, even put it on your room bill.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 18, 2012

A peaceful hotel by the sea. Location is not that good and taxi seemed to be somewhat difficult to arrange, though the staff made a big effort and finally made it happen and we got a taxi. Only one person of the staff spoke english and he wasn't around much, but the staff was very patient in understanding us and we got everything we needed. Garden is pretty and the restaurant hut by the beach is nice. Hammocks and sunbeds with mattresses were available all the time. The beach itself was not very impressive, kinda small, but the sunsets were beautiful. Generator seemed to be working just fine when the electricity went out once and the wifi was working fine all the time. The room was nice and clean. Breakfast was included, but not very impressive, just a few pieces of toast with jam and coffee and orange juice. You could order other stuff of course, it just cost you more. The restaurant closed at 5pm, which surprised us and sometimes you had to go all the way to the reception to find a waiter, but all and all I'd say it was a nice little hotel and I'd go there again if need be. There's a Diners logo by the door, but our cards didn't work?!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends