“Best resting experience ever. Great for Raw & Vegan”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Las Marias
Maravilla Guesthouse
Ranked #1 of 1 Las Marias B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 19, 2012

We stayed here for 4 days and we could not wish for a better getaway. Margo was extraordinary and available. My husband is raw vegan and he did not lack options. She cooks amazing and makes sure you are very satisfied. The cottage suite is breath tacking.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank erickcedeno

Reviewed February 10, 2012

My spouse and I did a week long birding trip to Puerto Rico and had the great pleasure of staying at Maravilla. I can't say enough good things about this place. We stayed in the cabin. It was quiet, comfortable and perfect for birding! Going up on the roof was like having a miniature canopy tower, putting us right in the tree tops with the birds. The trails are well maintained and the birding was awesome!

I do want to mention that this is not a regular hotel. The cabin does not have electricity, but the propane lantern was fine.We did not miss electricity at all. At night it was so cool I used a blanket. There were no mosquitoes at all. If you have food to keep, Mark will happily give you a shelf in the fridge up in the guard house. There is also a microwave and stove there.

We stayed in four different places during our trip and this was far and away our favorite. In fact, it is one my top 10 places anywhere!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sngcanary
Reviewed February 2, 2012

My husband and I shared the cottage at Maravilla with another couple over the 2011 Christmas break. The cottage was very comfortable and the hospitality was amazing. Our hosts, Mark & Margo made us feel right at home. They were attentive to our needs and by the end of our trip we felt like family. The vegan food was incredible. We chose the all inclusive plan that included breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The food was delicious and each day we looked forward to the five course dinners. Each dinner consisted of a new salad, soup, appetizer, main entrée and dessert. Dinners were served by candlelight in the dining area for all the guests. We also really enjoyed spending time with their dogs, cats, and horses. They were all so cuddly and we miss each and every one of the furries. The weather was fantastic and we didn’t experience any mosquitoes, etc. The grounds were very relaxing and tranquil and spacious enough where you could find your own personal spots. We took advantage of the many hiking trails and Margo always provided maps and a delicious lunch to take along on the adventure. We also took a few day excursions into other towns to experience Puerto Rico and to see the beaches. All were wonderful experiences and we always felt safe. Our hosts were able to arrange transportation for us since driving in the mountainous area was a bit scary. We highly recommend visiting Puerto Rico and staying at Maravilla if you’re looking for a slice of vegan paradise.

Room Tip: The "cottage" is less rustic than the "cabin" although with the "cottage&qu...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2012

The Maravilla Guest House is a very special retreat in the mountains of Western Puerto Rico. It is a quite different experience than what most visitors experience on any of Puerto Rico's coasts or in the tourist meccas of San Juan. First of all, the drive to Maravilla through the mountains is spectacular. For the most part, the roads are good although lots of curves. The last stretch up to the guest house can be a bit confusing but directions are accurate and the trip seems much shorter on the next trip up (or down) the hill. The food is wonderful, creative, and healthy. A fabulous break from all of the fried food and mofongos served elsewhere. An extra treat is that is served outside in front of a blazing fire. The room and bed (queen) in the main house where we stayed was quite comfortable. The shared bathroom was not an issue. The fresh night air makes sleeping pleasant. The balcony looking out to the mountains and valley is a great spot to end the day before having dinner or going to bed. The shared living room has lots of videos and books. The wireless internet service worked well. The owner is extremely nice and her assistants are charming. All want to please their guests. A very special stay that we will remember in Puerto Rico.

Room Tip: Discuss with the owner
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank torobuque
Reviewed January 4, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the "cabin" for 1 one week. I have to admit I was a bit apprehensive, as although I'm willing try new foods, I'm not a vegetarian and the the thought of eating vegetarian for a week was not exactly what I would have considered a vacation. I was COMPLETELY WRONG for thinking that though, the food was astonishing to me, and I could live out my life as a vegetarian eating the food that Margo prepared. It is very paying for the food option without a single question.

We felt so very comfortable there, it was like visiting family, this is due to Margo and Marks friendliness and willingness to do help with everything.

It was also the most peaceful week I've had in my life, we were able to leave all cares behind, and enjoy each others company weather we were playing cards by the light of the gas lamp, or exploring the mountains by foot, it was simply amazing, and a great way to spend times with loved ones.

Don't wait, arrange your trip NOW!!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2011

Margo and Mark are the best. We had our honeymoon at Maravilla and it was a trip of a lifetime. We stayed down in the private cabin. It was so nice. We could just relax and do our thing all alone. No phones,electricity, computers. There is a grill for cooking and hot water in the shower. We cooked up a bunch of Margo's homemade (pre-made) meals. Everyone was awesome. And deserts! Oh the cookies.... the cookies. The cabin is great. And all of Marks custom woodworking and art just makes it so much unique and beautiful. The guy's a genius. When we weren't hanging out at the cabin (nude sunbathing, jungle stream hiking, cooking, reading, sleeping, bird watching) we would go up the hill and hang out with Mark and Margo. They are good, honest, hardworking people. We have much respect for their hard work and lifestyle. It's not east to keep paradise up and running. We would talk into the night about all sorts of things. When we were staying they had a friend helping out on the property, Levi. He was a great guy too. Mark and Margo also have beautiful and fun cats,dogs, and horses on site. The cat soap opera was are daily news. It was so nice. At night we would go up and have dinner at Margo's. Either inside or outside, it didn't matter. It was so romantic and unique. the food was one of a kind. Fresh grown veggies from the garden. Years of skilled culinary work put into each meal. It's more than a 5 star restaurant. You can't really get this kind of food anywhere else. It's indigenous to that kitchen. The breakfast we had up there was the best ever. Eating all of Margo's food for 7 days was great, we never felt better. And we always eat healthy at home. Even the water (from the spring) was good. Almost everyday we would leave (pack up food, they even had a cooler for us) and hit a different beach or jungle hike on the west side of the island. We hit Rincon, Cabo Rojo, Guanica, Salto Curet. Each one was awesome. Rincon was cool if you surf. Not much for swimming. Guanica was great for caribbean beaches and there is a nice public beach. it was perfect. Salto Curet was a great water hike. Cabo Rojo was amazing, nice walk, great beach, beautiful sites. We even saw an rhesus monkey on the way back. Every where was about an hour give or take drive. The road to the house is a windy one so take your time and don't rush it. Margo and Mark have all the info there for these day trips and more. Packing food was great since it didn't seem like very much vegetarian options anywhere else. And it saved a ton of money to pay for the meal plans with Margo. You really can't beat a trip to Maravilla. We have traveled on a budget and vegetarian all over the North Western Hemisphere. This is the place. One day we will go back and maybe leave this crazy rat race behind. I think we could settle down at Maravilla and just work at keeping paradise up and running. It's truly a wonderful place. GO HERE NOW!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank c b
Reviewed November 3, 2011

My wife and I spent several days at Maravilla Mountain. Margo and Mark are the kindest, most down-to-earth hosts you could ever ask for. We enjoyed the truly 5-star food and the great found art creations around every corner. Ponyboy was more than happy to lead us through the mountain trails and down the riverbed. This is a great people-friendly, animal-friendly, and earth-friendly establishment. Did I mention that that the food is FIVE STAR?!!?

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Maricao
Hacienda El Jibarito
Hacienda El Jibarito
#2 of 2 in San Sebastian

Been to Maravilla Guesthouse? Share your experiences!