Writing this because I believe in sharing the good parts of life.....instead of keeping them for yourself.
Ended up here in february 2012 after coming up from Unawatuna. Had read about the golfcourse in a top 100 Asian course to play and felt like this was a good one day stop on the way to Colombo. 2012 I stayed 10 days, rented clubs in shop, played matchplay everyday with my caddie, MC Kumar, had fantastic and cheap food at the clubhouse, met fantastic people, and spent the afternoons reading beside the eternitypool.
Last year february 2013 I spent 3 weeks here!
There is not much more to do here than play golf, relax, eat and ..........recharge your batteries.
BUT....sometimes that is what you need in life.
Spend a night or two at the resorts cottages but if you want to spend more time here (and I think you will) then contact Carol Bonifas which has a House/Hotel just beside 1:st fairway, with pool, breakfast, dinner......all of it....and to a VERY decent price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated 12 miles from the centre of Kandy, the Hill Capital of Sri Lanka, the Resort overlooks the Victoria Lake, with breathtaking views of the Knuckles Ranges in the background. Away from the bustle of the city, and at 1,500 feet above sea level, the 520 acre resort provides guests with a secluded ambiance in a pleasant climate, supported by friendly service and excellent accommodation, dining, sporting and recreational facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Victoria Golf & Country Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Victoria Golf & Country Hotel Rajawella
- Victoria Golf And Country Resort
- Victoria Golf & Country Resort Sri Lanka/Rajawella