“My very favourite”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“My very favourite”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

What's not to like! Marla and Camillo make all guests new and old welcome, great food, fabulous atmosphere. Waiters get very busy at times though and you some tes have to wave and shout a bit to get a G and T refill. Thank goodness for Arjun and Binod!

1 Thank neet753

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Relaxing”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We had a wonderful holiday in Majorda and it was made extra special when we discovered Mish Mar. We don't spend every day on the beach but every time we went we were warmly welcomed. With regard to a previous reviewer, we didn't spend lots of money on fish and it didn't make any difference to the service we received, it was excellent.

The owner Camilo is a local man, he is very friendly. We were looked after mainly by David who deserves a medal in customer service. Binod was also friendly as were all the staff. Ask Ricky about his football career. John who took the money was also great and what a shirt.

The toilets were the best shack toilets I have ever experienced in Goa and even had a great place for hand washing.

I will try and post some photo's but unfortunately the ones I took of Camilo seemed to have disappeared from my camera (sorry Camilo).

I would definitely recommend Mish Mar and can't wait to return next year.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Scattyhead
Bridport, United Kingdom
“Consistently good”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

We have visited Mish Mar over many years, the food is always good no matter how busy they are, this is a very busy shack. The staff are excellent , very attentive. We were recommended a couple of Nepalese dishes by Binod and they were excellent. These were not on the menu but Camillo and his staff will always accommodate and cook dishes to your taste.
Camillo and Marla are great hosts and always make you welcome.

1 Thank Beneyboy
Devon, United Kingdom
“Did not float my boat”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Visted this beach shack 3 times during my 7 week holiday, The first occasion was enjoyable and the food reasonable. On the other 2 times it was a different story. As we are not fish or seafood eaters, the big earners, we were sort of ignored and the curries served fell well low of expectations, in fact one dish was returned as it was bland and tasted of nothing, the dish was replaced with a marginally better dish. The menu has a very limited range of curries, which is disappointing.

There was one member of staff, who took our order, he was pushy and aggressive, even though he had taken our order he insisted that we should order something better like prawns or lobster, I tried to expain that if that if prawns where what I wanted that I would have ordered them in the first place.

This restaurant has a good reputation for seafood, pity the curries do not achieve the same standard.

Not the place do go for a good curry and quiet evening on the beach, overall disappointing

• Visited February 2014
Essex
“Fab fish, fab beach”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Our first visit to goa and we did not have to talk far along the beach to find this excellent shack. We enjoyed some delicious fish and prawns served by David who made us feel welcome and prepared our regular beach lounger each morning. Thank you for being part of a great holiday. Stephen and sara