“Excellent”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 6, 2014

An outstanding option with great winelist, and special years, if you are lucky you get to chooseyourself in the bodega, not easy, especially with all the añadas available

1  Thank Samuel H

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great food, an amazing wine list & a warm and friendly welcome
Our waitress, Basi went out of her way to please, she was very informed on the menu, & explained to me that the roasted peppers We tried as a starter were not home roasted as I thought ( them being so delicious) but they were from a jar as they are a special variety grown locally, particularly suited to serve this way. We also shared morcilla, which was one of the best I've had as a starter plate. I then had some lovely prawns whilst my Husband enjoyed the pork - from what I saw of the other dishes being served to other diners, I don't think anything would disappoint, some salads looked particularly good
More brownie points to her when I ordered the sharing plate for dessert & she brought it, explaining she has chosen to bring us a half size as a full would have been too big, she was right, but could easily just have brought us a big plate & charged us more & we wouldn't have known any different.
A typical good Spanish restaurant, where there is care & attention to detail, would go back without hesitation

3  Thank Jacqueline B
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Visited here with a group of friends for a typical Rioja lunch. We had soup with crusty bread followed by roast suckling pig and lamb with salad followed by desserts and coffee with liqueuers.

This is a huge restaurant situated in a small town. The service and atmosphere were excellent. If you are in Rioja country, do not miss the opportunity to eat here. Allow plenty of time to savour everything!!!

3  Thank cheshirepen
Reviewed March 22, 2013

A stunning restaurant in a little town I've now become very familiar with. We were there for a family celebration and the food was wonderful, a bit expensive, but well worth it. The best Pork I've ever eaten! I would definitely recommend.

Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Arrived at our hotel on a Monday afternoon 3pm to find the restaurant closed. The lady on reception almost laughed at the thought of finding food before 9pm. (dinner times here in spain vary somewhat from the UK) A little internet research gave us hope of finding dinner in the nearby town of Fuenmayor.
We raced over to Meson Chuchi, and at 4.05pm they welcomed us in.
Plentiful, flavoursome food and a lovely atmosphere. It made our day! I had a whole turbot and my husbands steak was amazing. Would recommend.