Tripadvisor
Donaghadee

“Fantastic!”

The Lighthouse Bar and Grill
Ranked #2 of 35 Restaurants in Donaghadee
Description: Dine with a view at the Lighthouse Bar and Grill, situated right on the sea front in Donaghadee we provide high quality, fresh food using local ingredients at an affordable price point. Our chargrill dishes are our signature meals including our burger, steak options and chargrilled chicken stack. We also offer a variety of seafood and vegetarian dishes and are both family and animal friendly (kids eat free Saturday and Sunday!)
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had a fantastic seafood curry here. The portion was so generous and it was so different! Would definitely recommend and will be back in the near future. Great service and value for money.

Date of visit: October 2019
1  Thank elliealley
Write a reviewReviews (222)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

What can I say other then fantastic. Turned up on a Friday night to get a table. They were full booked but squeezed us in. The food was excellent and service from Toni and her staff was outstanding. The gin menu was great. We was able to celebrate our 6th Anniversary in style. Thank you so much The Lighthouse Bar and Grill

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I love lasagna..my partner calls me Garfield because it's my favourite thing in the world.I was recommended here by a friend who said the lasagna was amazing.having eaten lasagna in every restaurant in donaghadee that serves it I'm well used to being served a mushy mess in a bowl. Which is not how Italians have lasagna.it should be packed with pasta and meat and stand tall on the plate.that's exactly what I was served in the lighthouse,as authentic a lasagne I've eaten outside of Italy. Hats off to the chef, service was friendly but not intrusive.sat beside the fire with an incredible view of the sea, other half loved her seabass, offered me some but I declined as I may have had to offer her something off my plate in return...hands off Fido lol..

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Had a lovely meal here with friends. The staff are lovely and friendly. I would recommend the seafood mango and coconut curry, it is full of many types of fish. Worth a visit.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed January 15, 2020 via mobile

Travelled from Banbridge because we had heard so much about this place..very decieving from outside..the place is massive inside..the toilets are unlike anything I've seen in a restaurant..various expensive hand soaps creams and balms..spotlessly clean. The kitchen is open planned and also spotless from what I could see. The food was fantastic. The mango and coconut seafood curry was better than I've ever had, and I'm not long back from Sri Lanka, others in our party had the beef burger and and scampi..scampi was massive..burger was "incredible". Service from the chefs partner Toni was the best we've ever had, she knew the menu inside out and was very chatty, informative and so enthusiastic, this is a restaurant that prides itself in customer service, it was busy enough for a Tuesday night and Toni informed us there is normally a waiting list for tables at the weekend..the drinks menu is huge..If you love gin you won't be disappointed, it's a gin drinkers heaven, First visit definitely won't be our last despite the long drive. Thank you so much, you have shown us what real customer service is and what so many restaurants lack in food service drinks and atmosphere