“Great food and service”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, British
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 17, 2019 via mobile

Had a couple of great evenings here last week pre & post my Channel Swim. Jody and team were excellent. Ate here one night and the food was great, an the place was buzzing! Definitely recommend the bread & butter pudding!

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (836)

Reviewed August 12, 2019 via mobile

I was at pier 36 on Sunday the 11th of August and myself and two members of my family suffered severe diarrhoea following 3 different seafood dishes all covered in a cream sauce. I contacted the restaurant shortly after we arrived home after my husband and I were unable to eat our main course and had to leave in a hurry. We threw our card to our son and left in a rush. We both had severe diarrhoea as soon as we reached home and when our son got home shortly after within 20 mins he suffered the same result
I spoke to the manager Sarah [--] the next evening, who apparently hadn't been informed of the incident and complaint who although reasonably pleasant told me to phone Ards council. Totally unimpressed with the response to a serious complaint.

6  Thank P1824CWwendym
Reviewed August 6, 2019

My husband’s first time in Ireland - he had to try a Fry. Sunday brunch was delicious. Good service and delicious fry.

Reviewed August 6, 2019

Four of us had lunch, reasonably happy with the food, although the vegetables might have been more exciting. I would have only given three starts until I had the Bread and Butter Pudding dessert, which lifted it to a four. Staff all very pleasant and helpful, surroundings good.

Reviewed August 3, 2019 via mobile

We called in to Pier 36 by random on Sunday. We had expected average standard pub grub. It was busier than we would have expected but managed to keep a relaxed atmosphere. Luckily we were seated quickly and orders were placed as soon as we were ready. First impressions excellent. There was a great selection on the menus we choose from the set. No problems what so ever. The starter was such a large portion I was worried I would have no room for the main course. The roast beef was cooked to perfection. Great portions... you will not leave hungry. The coffee selection was great. I would strongly recommend the baileys coffee and the cafe royale.

We didn't want to leave. We did a bit of investigation and decided to take advantage of a great half board deal on their website. We booked in for the Wednesday night and the same great standard of service and quality was demonstrated.

Overall really great experience.

Date of visit: July 2019