“Perfect”

Ranked #1 of 10 Malaucene B&B and Inns
Toowoomba, Australia
“Perfect”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We (my husband and I and our 5 year old son) stayed at Mas de Longuefeuille in the Julie suite in early June for 3 nights. We loved every minute of our stay. The location is perfect for exploring the area, including the many wineries. It is also a great base for cycling up Mont Ventoux, which my husband did while we stayed there. Bernard and Henriette have created a little piece of heaven just outside the little town of Malaucene. Bernard was a fantastic host, the breakfasts were outstanding. Thank you Bernard for your hospitality, we had a great time and we hope that we get back to visit one day. We are recommending you to all of our friends!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
longuefeuille, Owner at Mas de Longuefeuille, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for your kind comment, I hope you have many friends....And big kiss to Tolby for his present...

Bernard

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Bernard and Henriette have created a wonderful bed and breakfast. The entire property is gorgeous and everything amenity has been thoughtfully considered. The room, the grounds, the pool and especially the breakfast are all excellent. Bernard is a consummate host and the meals Henriette prepared were excellent. We stayed in 18 different accommodations while on our bike tour through France and Mas de Longuefeuille was the best accommodation we experienced. Excellent!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Colorado
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Bernard you made our stay perfect. I'm afraid I've been boring everyone by raving repeatedly about our stay at your fabulous Chambre d'hôtes. I had previewed pictures and reviews, but they didn't begin to prepare for the beauty of the location, the comfort of the accommodations, and the graciousness of our host.
The breakfasts were a work of art, beautifully presented, interesting and unique tastes of the region. And to have the table set a few steps from our door each morning was pure luxury.
The hill towns are fascinating, we loved driving in the area, and Vaison la Romaine was a delight. We especially enjoyed our dips in the pool after the hot days, one evening beneath the crescent moon, and one in the late afternoon as the sun was dripping down the hills. Bernard bringing a cool glass of wine only spoiled us more.
I loved the way the rooms were a mix of modern touches with the linen fabrics and antiques from the area. Just the right amount of cozy, and not kitschy.
Malaucene is cute village, with enough restaurants to find a variety. Food in this region is delicious, and we found all of the house wines very good.
Our only regret is that we couldn't stay longer.

Room Tip: We were in Soubeiranne on the ground floor, with tile floors it was the perfect temperature on the 9...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
longuefeuille, Owner at Mas de Longuefeuille, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you! thank you! thank you! Sarah, for this so kindly review. We are very pleased that you have enjoyed our b & b and the village of malaucene.

Warm regards

Bernard
Kent
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I have never posted on Trip Advisor before, but I felt that Bernard deserved a good review for his brilliant hospitality. Nothing was too much trouble for Bernard, he booked us all our dinner reservations, found my husband plenty of cycle routes and gave us our weather reports for each day so we could work out what to do. Even though Bernard was very attentive, he also knew when to leave you alone, so I felt very happy and relaxed sitting on my own out in the courtyard whilst he bustled around with his daily doings. The room was pristine and very nicely furnished. The setting of Mas de Longuefeuille is very beautiful and was well located for our type of holiday. My husband spent the mornings cycling whilst I sat by the pool. In the afternoon we visited the local villages, of which there are plenty to keep you busy for a whole week. (Orange and Vaison-La-Romaine are a must) There are plenty of restaurants within a few minutes drive of the B&B, from Pizza places to Posh Nosh dining. Breakfast was amazing, and kept us going through until dinner most days. Can't recommend Mas de Longuefeuille enough, we will defo be back. (oh, only slight bummer was that there was no telly in room, but with Wi-Fi and iphone/pad it was not a big prob.)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Rachel L
southern france
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed at the Mas for 5 nights on a cycling holiday. I would not change a thing. I was a bit worried about being 2 km from town but it's absolutely superb being away from town after a hard day riding. Very tranquil. Nice to sit by the pool in all the comfortable places to chill.

Bernard and Henriette are fantastic. Yes, the breakfasts are a work of art and delicious! I only wish they would cook dinner for us too but there are plenty of delicious restaurants just a few kilometers in either direction.

The beds are the most comfortable I've stayed in. Cozy bedding, excellent bathrooms. It really felt like 'home' at the end of every day. Merci Bernard and Henriette.

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This is truly a little gem in Provence. We only stayed here one night as we were on a bike ride to Nice and had to move on but wished we could have stayed longer. The rooms are clean, beautifully decorated, very comfortable. Bernard is lovely, even looking up the weather on top of Mont Ventoux for us for the bike ride (snowing! in May). The breakfast was exquisite - a work of art to look at and to eat. We will definitely be back sometime (minus the bikes) for a more leisurely stay in this area.

Room Tip: Honestly, both the ones we had (overlooking the courtyard) were lovely. I can't speak for the o...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Millie292929
Melbourne
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have taken a while to post this review but have fond memories of our stay at Mas de Longuefeuille.

Our room was charming and quite spacious with separate toilet and well-equipped bathroom. The tranquil location of the B&B surrounded by hills of the Vaucluse made it a pleasure to spend time in the delightful courtyard and pool. The breakfasts were delightful - a joy to behold, and eat!

In particular, we appreciated Bernard's warm welcome and helpful approach. He provided useful information on the surrounding area, and even phoned ahead to another B&B for us - a huge help as it is difficult to speak another language on the phone. I really appreciated his efforts to speak English for us, and he also tolerated and encouraged my poor French!

We would have liked to have met Mme Borel but unfortunately she didn't make herself known to us during our stay. However I can thoroughly recommend this B&B - my only regret about was wishing we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AdeleF
Also consider these accommodations in or near Malaucene
Le Mas d'Helene
#1 of 14 in Le Thor
Le Mas des Etoiles
Le Mas des Etoiles
#1 of 50 in Gordes

Been to Mas de Longuefeuille? Share your experiences!