“Excellent family and friends getaway”

3 Tuns Coaching Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Pettistree B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 9, 2014

I booked this hotel for a getaway for my family and a couple of friends as we were looking for a nice country place to stay for the weekend.
I first looked at this hotel on trip advisor and I was very sceptical to say the least as some of the older reviews were a mix of good and bad reviews, I chose to book this place due to the price being a lot cheaper than other hotels in this area of Suffolk.
I can honestly say this was one of the best decisions I could have made.
From the minute we walked in the door we were made to feel very welcome, the owner, George was very professional as were all the staff we saw over the 2 nights we stayed.
The rooms we had were a family room which had a double bed and a single bed.
There was also a Jacuzzi bath too which was a pleasant surprise!!
We also had a twin room with 2 single beds, freeview tv, coffee and tea making facilities and a shower room.
There was also free WiFi throughout the building.
The food was excellent, made to order by George himself, using local suppliers for his sausage and mash which was yummy!
I had creme brulee for dessert which was excellent too.
My Irish coffee was the perfect end to day 1.
Breakfast was a cooked full English with cereal, fruit, yogurt, tea and toast.
After a busy day exploring the local area, we came back to the "Tuns" as this place is affectionately known, to be greeted like friends which really made a very nice touch.
We had a few drinks in the bar and then another fantastic meal in the restaurant, I recommend the chicken curry!
To sum this place up, it is a traditional place, not to fancy, but very comfortable.
We all agreed that the hospitality here is second to none.
I will definitely stay here again and have recommended this place to friends already.

Room Tip: Room 1, Family Room.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed May 8, 2014

This is a small, friendly, simple old coaching inn - George will make you very welcome and cook a delicious hot breakfast. The rooms are clean, with comfy beds, good linen, and constant hot water. This makes the perfect simple base for a few days of exploring all the wonders of the Sussex coast, without having to pay through the nose, and that is much appreciated.

Room Tip: Room 2 has a sofa and two chairs and plenty of room for clothes.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Our grown up family stayed here for two Nights. while we visited the RSPB reserves locally.
We found our rooms clean and tidy.
Staff were very friendly and welcoming.
Breakfast was a tad over priced but tasted nice.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Mumma B
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Most business trips for me involve over 200 miles a day driving plus the work I need to do at the destination. After an early morning start and a late finish you really don't want to venture out looking for a decent restaurant. If you stay here there's no need to!
Whilst the room was comfortable and quiet and everything you need the meal in the restaurant was first class. The service was too so my stay was very pleasant and I was relaxed and ready to go the next day!

Room Tip: Only stayed once so can't compare and contrast, but the restaurant is a real bonus
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Amazing value and fantastic food at prices that are hard to beat. The rooms were clean, well maintained, quiet and comfortable.
George, the owner and host, couldn't have been more helpful.
The selection of food was good and everything was cooked to perfection. Our meals were very enjoyable and the other customers felt the same.
Apparently the new owner has recently taken on the business after it went into decline. I wish him and his staff all the best.
We will certainly be returning again.

Room Tip: Rooms are numbered 1 to 12 (I think). The lower the number the nearer it is to the pub. But with no...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2014

A very friendly and welcoming hotel. The rooms are clean and warm, the bed comfortable, great pressure in the shower, the food is excellent with an extensive menu. The restaurant has a pleasant ambience. Car parking was free. A good place to stay when exploring Suffolk, within easy reach of Woodbridge and Ipswich. Quiet and relaxing.

The room price was reasonable and George (the landlord) very friendly and helpful. I will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I booked through Laterooms.com but you could contact the hotel direct if you have specific needs - t...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed March 9, 2014

My night at The Three Tuns was an unexpected pleasure! I was on my own, but was made to feel so welcome. The room was clean and cosy, and the bed was really comfortable. Dinner was a joy! I felt totally spoilt and the lovely chef/waiter is so friendly that all the guests end up chatting to each other. Shame I had work to do, or I'd have stayed up longer!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pettistree
Ufford Park Woodbridge Hotel, Golf & Spa
#8 of 21 in Woodbridge
Bull Hotel - Woodbridge
Bull Hotel - Woodbridge
#13 of 21 in Woodbridge

Been to 3 Tuns Coaching Inn? Share your experiences!