All reviews the pub beer garden lovely lunch friendly atmosphere range of beers under new management huge bed welcoming staff en route lake district bed and breakfast whilst attending a wedding lovely setting breakfast was excellent steak jodrell bank would stay again
Selected filters
Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

Absolutely beautiful hotel with an awesome shower and huge bed!

Staff were absolutely brilliant and the breakfast was excellent.

There was loads of parking available and staff were really helpful with organising taxis etc.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
EgertonAstbury, Owner at The Egerton Arms Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2018

Thank you for the kind words, we are very glad you enjoyed your stay with us and it was an absolute pleasure having you here. We hope to see you again soon.

Ash and Lezanne

Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

We visited for tea a few weeks ago to see what the place was like under new management, we enjoyed our meal, there was a good selection on the menu, it’s located in a really lovely spot but the interior let’s the place down, could do with an referb. When we came to pay I was also slightly annoyed that the landlord added himself a tip without asking, he took my card and did the transaction contactless and it was only when I noticed the next morning, he’d also retained my friends change, just something to be vary of.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
EgertonAstbury, Owner at The Egerton Arms Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2018

Hi there, I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your meal with us, I also agree regarding the refurb (although this is down to the brewery as they own the building). All tips are given to the staff, as the owners we do not take any share of this. I am sorry you thought I took any extra change without asking, I assure you it is not something I would do intentionally but I am human and misunderstandings happen. If you would kindly let me know the amount I will be happy to refund you and even treat you to a drink to apologies.
Ash

Reviewed March 16, 2018

Under new management, we just stopped off for drinks. Lovely setting in village location, great friendly welcome. Menu choice looked good, definitely plan to return. The building is steeped in history, we are sure that the new management will continue to enhance with their TLC...

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for your very kind words, they are much appreciated. We hope to see you again soon.
Ash and Lezanne

Reviewed February 7, 2018 via mobile

We attended the inn after a delightful, rainy day trip to Jodrell Bank. As we entered the lovely welcoming venue we were greeted by a very nice bar man. Very polite and full of smiles. We were taken straight to our tables and presented with various menus. The food was well presented and very tasty. In all a lovely place to be and would be happy to return. Thank you for a lovely family lunch.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
EgertonAstbury, Owner at The Egerton Arms Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2018

Thank you for the comments, Hayley. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your meal and would love to have you and your family back again.

Reviewed February 2, 2018

visited the pub/ restaurant at lunch time. the place was almost full, with a choice of a waitress service restaurant or pub lunch area(which we chose). The menu was extensive and fairly priced. Food was generously presented, well prepared, service excellent. This is a family owned pub with a most congenial atmosphere and well worthy of a visit. Located in the astbury village with ample parking just off the A34 en route to congelton

Date of stay: February 2018
EgertonAstbury, Owner at The Egerton Arms Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2018

Thank you for the lovely feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us.