“Awesome Ribs and Cornbread”

Big Bone BBQ & Wicked Wings
Ranked #1 of 36 Restaurants in Kanata
Reviewed April 9, 2018

I was excited when Big Bone BBQ opened up near our home in Kanata. I checked them out online and found that they have a few locations in the GTA.

They offer a take out (pick up only) menu, and their prices are reasonable.
The rib racks are sliced for you right before they're plated or boxed up for take out so they aren't dry. The sauce they use has great flavour. Not too sticky....but finger smacking good for sure.
I've had the brisket a couple of times and didn't like it as much as the ribs, but I'm super picky about the texture of brisket. Most people would probably like it.

The chicken/wings are AMAZING.

The service is quick, the staff is universally friendly.
Highly recommended.

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

Ribs and wings Monday soooo much food my husband and I couldn't finish!! Fun place. Its nothing fancy, it terms of atmosphere but the food was great! We will be back. Not a lot of seating nor was it busy.. but worth the stop.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

If I could give this place a negative rating I would! Cubed brisket really? All the meat was tough and flavourles. Just awful.Stay away!

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed March 4, 2018

Ordered brisket sandwich and southwest poutine.
Brisket was in chunks not thin sliced. Some of the meat was chewy and with gristle and was pointed out to the staff. You need a slicer for this!
Southwest poutine was not presented well...basically it was poutine with a few nacho chips on the side with salsa and sour cream in plastic containers on the side.... I would expect poutines of this sort to be built up, not on the side or what is the point?
Based on this experience I would not be inclined to go back again.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed March 4, 2018

Excellent sauce on the smoked ribs and wings. Ribs were nice and meaty (even our leftovers 2 days later were still juicy). Wings were a bit on the small size, but tasty. Having traveled a lot in the southern states, this non pretentious no fancy tables place reminds us of the typical joints we loved. Good food and good service.

Date of visit: March 2018