“Great new Indian buffet in Kanata”
Review of Amaya Buffet

Amaya Buffet
Order Online
Ranked #21 of 35 Restaurants in Kanata
Reviewed April 30, 2019

My wife and I took our middle daughter (aged 17) here for dinner on a recent Tuesday night. We all love Indian food, but there is a shortage of good Indian places in Stittsville/Kanata. We were very impressed with this place. Very clean restaurant. Staffa re very friendly and food was delicious. Lots of options, including veggie samosas, freshly-baked naan bread, tandoori chicken, vindaloo, butter chicken, chicken madras, and more. Price for three adults, with two mango lassies, was ~$90, before tip. We will definitely be back here soon.

Reviewed April 23, 2019

Three of us for an early dinner (5:45 pm) on a Tuesday night. Lots of seating and friendly service in this new and nicely decorated location! Not withstanding that it was a Tuesday the place stated to fill up.
Large selection of items to choose from. Two soups, I tried the lentil, my guests had green salad items and pappadums and samosas. For mains, we enjoyed the goat curry, butter chicken, vindaloo, biryani and tastes of almost all on the menu. All excellent with the flavours of all the individual spices making their presence known and each with a different degree of hotness. (the hottest about medium for my palette) They also brought a fresh basket of Naan to the table.
I complimented one of the staff about the quality of the food and he brought out the Chef who advised that he was previously the chef at Havali.

Reviewed April 10, 2019

My husband and I visited Amaya last week as a friend of ours who knows we love Indian food mentioned she'd seen it open recently at the Centrum Mall.

The spot has been totally renovated and is bright and airy. A large buffet runs along the right side of the room with a lot of seating for patrons. We were greeted warmly at the door and brought water as soon as we sat down.

There is a very large selection of items to choose from. We sampled the Goat Curry (which was our favourite item), the Butter Chicken (delicious and a nice bite of heat to it), dal, Tandoori chicken , Samosas, Pappadums and more. They also bring a fresh basket of Naan to your table which is included in the price.

There was a beautifully ornate serving piece at the Buffet that contained small oval crispy items. I ask the Waiter what they were and he said it was 'Golgappa' which I've never seen before. He showed me how you fill the crisp with a very fresh tasting vegetable mixture, pour some tamarind water over top and then you pop it all in your mouth. It was WONDERFUL! Very fun! :)

The lunch buffet was $17.95/person. It is open from 12-3 and then we were told they close and reopen at 5 p.m. with an even larger array of items for the dinner crowd. We couldn't imagine trying to eat any more than what we already did! :)

Service was top notch, the restaurant is very lovely inside, the food was great. We'll go back soon!