“Wow. And Wow Again.”

La Maison du Kouign-Amann
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Kanata
Reviewed January 22, 2018

This little patisserie is tucked away in a row of businesses just off Carling Avenue in Kanata North, which is fortunately not far from our house. Actually, maybe not quite far enough...

If you want authentic French pastries that are just as good as anything you'll find on a street in Paris, get to this place as soon as you can. Sooner, even.

The Kouign-Amann, for which the bakery is named, is a traditional pastry from Britanny that will have you looking for excuses to drive down Carling. Some of the other offerings look almost too beautiful to be ruined by a fork, although I'd be happy to be the spoilsport that would do it. Or maybe just skip the fork and use my teeth.

Françoise and Jeff have brought a real culinary treasure to Kanata. The rest of Ottawa should be so lucky.

Date of visit: January 2018
2  Thank GACanuck

Reviewed January 22, 2018 via mobile

This is as close to Paris that I have felt since actually being there! The food items are fantastic. The shop is tiny but full of selection. The pastry case is full of little pieces of art! I brought croissants to a friend who has also been to Paris and he agreed....fantastic.
It is a bit more at the cash but you get your money's worth!!!

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank KLC123
Reviewed December 27, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I moved to Kanata recently and I was looking for a local bakery for a birthday. A friend heard about a new French bakery that had opened. We were not disappointed and continue to visit for baguettes, bread and for special occasions tarts, croissants etc. You can also buy frozen items such as croissants which is a great idea!

Date of visit: October 2017
2  Thank DianeT674
Reviewed December 21, 2017 via mobile

A little pricy but worth it. I recomend the almond croisant as its filled with marzipan.

If in kanata north definately stop and try this bakery out.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed November 21, 2017

Lucky for us (right around the corner from work) but not so lucky for my jeans (filling food :-)

Quite delightfully filling. Our 'go to' place for food in Kanata for lunch. Wonderfull sandwiches. And we usually end up picking up a little something else when we are there.

Date of visit: November 2017