Lime Tree Bay Resort
$149
Travelocity
$259
Sands of Islamorada Hotel(Islamorada)(Great Value!)
$180
$155
$219
Cheeca Lodge & Spa(Islamorada)
$319
TripAdvisor
Kon-Tiki Resort(Islamorada)
Islander Resort(Islamorada)
  • Pool
1,476 results
All reviewsbagelskey westcontinental breakfastfree kayakshot tubpalm treesking bedfull kitchensea grassminute drivelounge chairsgulf sidebeach areabeautiful groundsnice poolmiddle keysconvenience store
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I really wanted to like this place...I was traveling with my boyfriend to celebrate his 30th birthday and was looking for a romantic spot. I chose this hotel based on the price and the pictures- everything looked great online. When we got to the hotel and checked in we were not given any information about kayak rental or where to get pool towels or anything. Our room was a decent size but there were tile floors and no door mats. We were slipping and sliding all over the place. The bathroom was small and dingy and there was hardly any space to hang up our wet clothes and towels.

We tried to go swimming in the water - don't. It is murky, smelly and not enjoyable. You 100% need water shoes. We asked at the front desk if they could tell us a good place to buy water shoes. The lady had no idea. We drove back to Marathon and bought some expensive shoes only to find cheap water shoes in the convenience store located right across the street from Lime Tree later that night. This seems like information the hotel should be aware of.

The next afternoon we wanted to go kayaking. It was around 4 pm. We were told by a different lady at the front desk that we should have reserved our kayaks in advance and they were done for the day. Again, nobody gave us this information.

The positive: the view was very pretty, there were hammocks around the property and rocking chairs on the patio. The location was pretty decent if you are splitting your time between Marathon and Islamorada. There were a ton of families staying there and they seemed to be having a good time.

I think the staff could have tried a little harder. It would have gone a long way. I would love to go back to the Keys but I would certainly not give Lime Tree my business again.

4  Thank LaraEatsBacon
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We booked this "resort" through Travelocity's top-secret hotels and have mixed feelings about it. Upon checking in we were given a map to get to our room, 3 blocks down the road, between a gas station and a car repair centre. The unit itself was pretty nice, with a full kitchen, a massive balcony with couches and a hammock (but it overlooked the gas station!). You could hear the people in the neighbouring unit through the walls and the loud AC and highway traffic could be annoying if you're a light sleeper.

But knowing we got an amazing deal through Travelocity compared to other places we looked at on the Keys, I can't really complain. It was a great location along the Keys, to be able to drive out to Key Largo to explore John Pennekamp, or to go to Key West for the day. And they do offer a continental breakfast, and free wifi (which was surprisingly fast!)

Reviewed August 31, 2013

After a long travel trough the USA we decided to relax on the keys for our last 5 days. I looked up the Lime Tree Resort and only found good reviews.
We arrived a little early and the lady told us to walk along in the resort and look at everything, it looked nice! We went to pick up our key and she told us to drive the car down the road, make a turn behind the gas station to go to our room! We was confused!?! The view from the porch was the gas station, trash canes and a nasty canal. Actually we was looking forward to nice sunsets over the ocean :(((( we left the next day

Room Tip: Not dock side
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Derrick W
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

After reading several reviews I booked a weeks stay for my husband and me at Lime tree. The views here are amazing and the staff couldn't be nicer. The rooms are extremely clean and the pool has a great view as well. The hotel is away from the touristy area and provides a relaxing environment. The AC broke in our room the last day we were there. Without hesitation a service man was there in 15 minutes. When identified they couldn't fix it they immediately moved us to the room next door. Unfortunately, that AC unit was having issues as well. Without hesitation they moved us again. My husband and I really didn't mind because of how quickly they handled the situation.
We reserved a 3rd floor King mini suite over looking the ocean. The room was very large and had a fridge and a microwave. The view from the room is worth every penny!!! We plan to come back in a few months and wouldn't want to stay anywhere else. Best gem on Long Key!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Booked a two day package with Expedia, checked in and was very disappointed, room was dark, smelt and was damp. Sat on the bed and the sheets were damp the mattress was saggy and uncomfortable!

There was nothing to recommend this room, it was dowdy old looking and unloved. We decided we wouldn't stay, life is to short to stay somewhere that you are not happy with.

The lady on reception did not look shocked when I said we weren't staying, we actually returned after 5 minutes to collect something we had left in the room and at that point she did offer a room change but by then we had decided to leave.

Also be prepared for no restaurants within many miles.

1  Thank munmunmun