“First time in Chianti Region”
Review of Palazzo Malaspina

Palazzo Malaspina
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We came to the Chianti Tuscany region for the first time this October. Had wonderful accommodations at Palazzo Malaspina; delightful hosts in Maria and her cheerful assistant, Mary. We loved the cappucino and homemade goodies that got our mornings going. Our room was cozy and lovely; a home away from home. We will certainly stay here again, if we are fortunate to return to Tuscany.

Room Tip: Select a room that fits your needs!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
PalazzoMalaspina, Proprietario at Palazzo Malaspina, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Dear Guests,

Thank you so much for your review.
I'm already waiting for your next time in Tuscany, to delight you again with my cakes and enjoy these lands.

Big Hugs,

There are newer reviews for Palazzo Malaspina

Reviewed October 26, 2013

We are couple from Israel, Satyed at Palazzo Malaspina about a week at Oct 2013

Great location for all Tuscany tour, best service by Maria and Mary the breakfasts with the Maria's home made cakes and Mary's jams gives you the smile for the all day, not less then the useful advices at each day
Rooms are nice and simple very authentic, all is clean and beautiful
All the near by restaurants are great, the best place for eating and drinking at the end of each day.

Sharon & Neta

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Wow! Palazzo Malaspina is a very special place. My husband and I travelled with two girfriends to this beautiful village. We were intending to spend just two nights here, but loved it so much we asked to stay an extra night and were lucky enough to be able to. The rooms are extremely comfortable and spotlessly clean. The breakfast is a treat, with delicious homemade jams and croissants, hams and cheeses. If you desire, there is eggs available. Great coffee and tea also. Maria is a wonderful host and Mary, her assistant is delightful. They are more than happy to give you advise on your day trips from San Donato in Poggio. We were not disappointed with one recommedation. We saw the most beautiful towns, not the large ones overrun with tourists. We will hopefully return soon.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for telling your experience at Palazzo Malaspina! Your review gives me positive energy and encourage to do the best.
I try to satisfy all the requests of my guests, so if you stay one more night at Palazzo Malaspina it's a pleasure for me and allows you a better exploration of tuscany.

I thank you again and hope you will come back next time!

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Spent a few days with my husband at this exquisite location. The atmosphere at the hotel was friendly and helpful, the room very clean and welcoming, the food served at breakfast delicious and the advice on where to visit and how best to get there very efficient and professional. Maria is a wonderful hostess and a great cook, Mary very friendly and hardworking and Wanda a real darling. We did not feel we had enough time to enjoy the whole region and when we return we will not be looking elsewhere for a hotel not when Palazzo Malaspina has turned out to be so wonderful and special. Another plus is a great restaurant right next door. Well done Maria and co you are doing a great job.
Bernardette from Malta

Room Tip: All the rooms are unique and any one of them will be great
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
PalazzoMalaspina, Proprietario at Palazzo Malaspina, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Dear Bernadette,

Thank you for choosing Palazzo Malaspina for your stay in Tuscany!
I try to do all my best to guarantee the best experience to my guests and I am so glad when I succeed and yes, Mary is avalid assistant.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

While traveling through Italy with my Family this September we got to enjoy 5 days at Palazzo Malaspina. Of course when booking accommodation online, one never really knows what to expect. Well, let me tell you... you can't go wrong with this one. Firstly San Donato in Poggia is beautiful small Medieval town filled with friendly people. It is very well located and within driving distance of Florence, Siena, Cortona, San Gimignano, Montepulciano, Monteriggioni, Pisa just to mention a few.
The B&B is absolutely gorgeous. The rooms and bathrooms are very tastefully decorated and everything is so clean! Now for the best part... Maria our host. She made us feel so welcome. What a lovely woman. Not to mention her wonderful baking skills... She makes a "Torta Cioccolata" that will make your taste buds very happy! It was so nice having breakfast each morning at the big old table eating delicious fresh fruits, local cheese and meats and sipping on Cappuccino. We are planning another trip to Italy and will most definitely stay there again.

Thanks Maria! We miss you already!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Yolande,

I don't have nothing to add except a big thank for sharing your experience at Palazzo Malaspina. I'm very glad that you enjoyed your stay and I hope you will come back sooner to be delighted of the beauty of the Chiantishire!

Thank you again.
A big Hug,

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Our stay at Malaspina was our "most enjoyable" stay while traveling through Tuscany. We loved our room and breakfast in the morning so so very nice. It was also so nice to have a "lovely torta" waiting for us in the mid-afternoon. Thanks, Maria!!

Patricia P.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I had read many favourable reviews about Palazzo Malaspina so my wife and I decided to spend a short honeymoon there.

Being our first visit to Tuscany, Malaspina's location was ideal in order to scout around the region. But location alone does not merit a review.

The rooms were tastefully refurbished and kept extremely clean, well all the place was. All creature comforts were in place. Breakfast was as described in other reviews, if not better. A selection of local hams, salamis and cheeses accompanied by very tasty home-made jams and marmalades followed by exquisite cakes baked in-house by Maria herself. And the coffee was the real McCoy.

Maria herself was an excellent host and her assistant Mary formed the other part of a magnificent team. Both were always ready to help suggesting places to visit and things to do, Indeed, one need not pre-plan a visit and rely soly on their advise.

Tuscany definitely warrants another visit as there are so many places still to explore and other things to do, but we shall definitely be returning to Palazzo Malaspina to savour its magic touches once again.

Jesmond & Bernadette - Malta

Dear Jesmond & Bernadette,

Thank you for your detailed review!
I usually give suggestions to my guests on what they can do, visit and eat something local in Tuscany especially in Florence and Siena that are very close to Palazzo Malaspina. I'm very glad that you apreciated my recommendations!
I hope you will come back to Palazzo Malaspina to explore once again our beautiful Tuscany!

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Donato in Poggio
Villa Bordoni
Villa Bordoni
#1 of 19 in Greve in Chianti
Castello del Nero Hotel & Spa
Castello del Nero Hotel & Spa
#1 of 4 in Tavarnelle Val di Pesa
Castello di Spaltenna Exclusive Tuscan Resort & Spa
Castello di Spaltenna Exclusive ...
#1 of 8 in Gaiole in Chianti
Palazzo Leopoldo Dimora Storica & Spa
Palazzo Leopoldo Dimora Storica ...
#2 of 15 in Radda in Chianti
Aia Mattonata Relais
Aia Mattonata Relais
#1 of 40 in Siena
Locanda dell' Artista
Locanda dell' Artista
#1 of 67 in San Gimignano

Been to Palazzo Malaspina? Share your experiences!