Palazzo Malaspina
Castello del Nero Hotel & Spa(Tavarnelle Val di Pesa)
$706
$160
Hotel Borgo Di Cortefreda Relais(Tavarnelle Val di Pesa)
$178
$172
Hotel Primavera(Barberino Val d'Elsa)
$75
$70
  • Room Service
Villa Rosa di Boscorotondo(Panzano in Chianti)
$106
Hotel Villa San Giorgio(Poggibonsi)(Great Value!)
$159
$155
Villa Le Barone(Panzano in Chianti)
$277
$269
Travelocity
Villa Sangiovese(Panzano in Chianti)(Great Value!)
$118
$114
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Borghetto di San Filippo(Barberino Val d'Elsa)
  • Pool
GRANDETERRA(Greve in Chianti)
All reviewscakeschianti regionevery morninghomemade jamsla toppadelicious breakfastsmall villagejacuzzi tubwonderful staysan gimignanobreakfast roombalcony overlookinghome mademedieval villagespent nightsplaces to visitbottle of wine
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Our stay at Malaspina was our "most enjoyable" stay while traveling through Tuscany. We loved our room and breakfast in the morning so so very nice. It was also so nice to have a "lovely torta" waiting for us in the mid-afternoon. Thanks, Maria!!

Patricia P.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I had read many favourable reviews about Palazzo Malaspina so my wife and I decided to spend a short honeymoon there.

Being our first visit to Tuscany, Malaspina's location was ideal in order to scout around the region. But location alone does not merit a review.

The rooms were tastefully refurbished and kept extremely clean, well all the place was. All creature comforts were in place. Breakfast was as described in other reviews, if not better. A selection of local hams, salamis and cheeses accompanied by very tasty home-made jams and marmalades followed by exquisite cakes baked in-house by Maria herself. And the coffee was the real McCoy.

Maria herself was an excellent host and her assistant Mary formed the other part of a magnificent team. Both were always ready to help suggesting places to visit and things to do, Indeed, one need not pre-plan a visit and rely soly on their advise.

Tuscany definitely warrants another visit as there are so many places still to explore and other things to do, but we shall definitely be returning to Palazzo Malaspina to savour its magic touches once again.

Jesmond & Bernadette - Malta

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
PalazzoMalaspina, Proprietario at Palazzo Malaspina, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Dear Jesmond & Bernadette,

Thank you for your detailed review!
I usually give suggestions to my guests on what they can do, visit and eat something local in Tuscany especially in Florence and Siena that are very close to Palazzo Malaspina. I'm very glad that you apreciated my recommendations!
I hope you will come back to Palazzo Malaspina to explore once again our beautiful Tuscany!

Maria

Reviewed October 10, 2013

My husband and I, and another couple we were traveling with, stayed at Palazzo Malaspina for 2 nights in September as we explored Tuscany. All I can say is WOW. Maria was the most gracious and helpful hostess, her home was impeccably kept and the rooms were wonderful! We had a magnificent view from our little balcony of hill towns to the northwest, and as the sun went down and the lights in those towns came on it was magical - enjoyed with the very good bottle of wine Maria provided in the room. Our room was a good size, and the bathroom was very clean and large (unlike the other bathrooms in the hotels we stayed at). Delicious breakfast with friendly service. Absolutely the best 2 night stay in our entire 2 weeks in Italy. Highly recommend to anyone who wants an excellent place to stay in Tuscany with great accessibility to not only the hill towns and wineries, but to Firenze as well. We look forward to returning to the charming town and the wonderful B&B. Bravo!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 6, 2013

What a delightful B&B in an equally delightful Italian town. My wife and I enjoyed a two night stay at the end of most recent Italian vacation and were very pleased with Maria’s beautiful inn. We understand fully the very high ratings that Palazzo Malaspina receives and certainly feel those ratings are well deserved. Even our fellow guests were good company as we enjoyed our breakfast served by a very pleasant staff member. We will most certainly recommend Palazzo Malaspina to all our friends and relatives vacationing in central Italy. We travel frequently and prefer to stay in B&B/small hotels and found it supremely pleasant and comfortable, perhaps the best stay we have ever experienced. We look forward to returning for a visit in the future.

Room Tip: Room 5, Father's Cousin, was perfect for our stay. From its windows we could keep track of all happenings in the piazza including a wedding party and the neighborhood children enjoying an impromptu and very entertaining soccer game.

Dear William,

Thank you so much for your lovely review!
You wrote "perhaps the best stay we have ever experienced" and I feel excited for this!
I thank you in advance for all the times you'll recommend Palazzo Malaspina to your friends and I hope to see you back soon!

Maria.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

My husband and I just returned from 8 nights at this beautiful hotel. The location is perfect for exploring all of Tuscany. The small town of San Donato could not be prettier, it was a joy to come home to each night. There are a couple of decent restaurants in town which was very important to us. After a long day of exploring it was so nice to be able to walk to have dinner.

Maria is a wonderful hostess. Her breakfast was delicious each morning! Our bed was very comfortable and both the bedroom and bath were quite large. I cannot say enough about this property and would recommend it to anyone!

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room here!

Dear Libby,

Thank you for choosing Palazzo Malaspina!
The small medieval town of San Donato is an enchanting place and I am so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay.
Breakfast and beds at Palazzo Malaspina are our strengths and I really appreciated your opinion about it.
Thank you again and I hope you will come back!

Maria