“Gorgeous Winery”

Casa Emma
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed December 8, 2014 via mobile

Although this winery doesn't have the nice old charm that a lot of the other local wineries have, it is absolutely beautiful and on an exquisite piece of land overlooking the vineyards. The wines were very good we loved one in particular and brought a bottle home that night to drink with our dinner. Staff was very helpful and knowledgeable and I would definitely recommend Casa Emma

2  Thank FK-Marvelly
"day tour"
"wine making process"
"look forward"

Reviewed October 8, 2014

We visited Casa Emma as part of a private wine tour of the Chianti region. We were greeted and shown around the winery and cellar. We were there during harvest, so it was a busy time for them. Understandably we were given an abridged tour so we weren't in the way of the workers. After the tour we had lunch at their osteria. It was a three course lunch with two wine pairings for each course. This was one of the best meals we had while in Italy. The antipasto was an assortment of bruschetta, cheese, and meats. The main was homemade pasta with a wild boar ragu. The desert was a lemon cake. Each course was excellent. We ended up shipping a case of wine and olive oil home. Everyone there was very welcoming and informative.

3  Thank Stupidwhitecat
Reviewed October 6, 2014

The property was gorgeous and the wine was delicious. Our wine expert (Paolo) was very informative and interesting to listen to. I left there with a bottle of wine, a bottle of their olive oil and their Balsamic vinegar which was to die for. When I arrived at the airport I realized that I couldn't carry it on (not so smart on my part). The airport personnel said that I could "sell it". No way, I took the chance and packed in my suitcase and gladly all of the bottles made it to Toronto.

1  Thank Lisa M
Reviewed August 21, 2014

What a place. Beautiful views. We went as part of a private day tour around the region. When we arrived we were the only people there, we met the estate manager. He sat us down for a tasting of the various wines, olive oil and balsamic vinegar they produce. He was very friendly and great at answering and explaining all of our questions. I am personally not a big wine drinker but i found i truly enjoyed their basic Chianti Classico, very smooth clean finish.

After we were of course invited to the wine shop to buy any of the bottles we just tasted. Was very happy to find out they shipped back to the US as our luggage was already near the weight limits. Pricing was expensive but it was such a great feeling to give out a couple of bottles to friends while showing them the sweeping vistas we experienced. I was also delighted to find the classico i enjoyed at one of my local liquor stores (though much cheaper once i've figured in the shipping and exchange rates i paid in italy)

I would definitely recommend this tasting to friends visiting.

1  Thank NP383
See more reviews
Reviewed August 19, 2014

We had a reservation to wine taste after visiting the old city in Siena. Casa Emma is about a 30 minute drive from Siena. Be sure to use a GPS. The rooms are spacious and charming. Our host was friendly and efficient. She gave us a tour of the winery and the grounds, explaining the rules for chianti classic, and showing us where all the different grapes were planted. She served our wine with crackers and delicious pecarino cheese. There is a restaurant on site, but it was booked for dinner. Had we known about it, we definitely would have eaten there.

1  Thank kathleene_12