“Beautiful property located right on the beach”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ngwe Saung
The Palm Beach Resort
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Ngwe Saung
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed for four nights in a beach front bungalow. The rooms are air conditioned and spacious with separate toilet, hot and cold water, mini bar, safe and tv with a dual entry and a porch. The is no wifi but there is a computer available at reception. (There is an internet cafe in the village) The rooms are extremely clean with delightfully friendly and helpful staff.
The staff are well trained, polite and always ready with a greeting and a smile. The property is located on a 13 mile white sand beach with a constant gentle breeze and warm water. The hotel swimming pool overlooks the Bay of Bengal and is tendered by proud pool staff. This is a place to totally unwind, relax, read, swim and do absolutely nothing. I would highly recommend the Palm Beach Resort and am looking forward to my next visit. We hired motorbikes (backseat passengers) that enabled us to explore the entire beach front - a great way to mix up the day.

Room Tip: spend a little extra and ask for the bungalows on the beach closest to the pool.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank shari0711

Reviewed April 1, 2013

It may be a 5-6 hour drive from Yangon, but it is definately worth it for a total getaway, if you want some beach chill out time without the hassle of flights.The staff are full of welcome smiles and good service. Spend the extra for a water front room and you can wake up to a coconut lined beach with clear blue water seas. Enjoy the day relaxing by beach front pool, mixed with serious beach time and finishing with a smart cocktail watching the sunset.
The rooms are spacious and clean with good a/c. Breakfast fare was very good and overlooking the pool and beach.
We took trishaws into town (5mins) for excellent seafood. Jasmine restaurant does it very well.

Thank you Palm Beach for a few days of Bliss!!

Room Tip: Go for a beach front
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RobertandMark
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Stayed here four nights. Ate all our meals here also. Food was fabulous. Service is top notch. this a small hotel. no frills. But everything checks out. The room was comfortable and very clean. We had a VIP room. I think its worth the extra money. We would sit in our deck chairs rather than under a palapa. Only 40 feet from the beach. The pool was clean and well looked after. I would stay here again. The only draw back is the 5 hour drive from Yangon.

Room Tip: Get a VIP room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Wow, this was a treat. Although I have been to Ngapali three times and believed that was my favorite spot, now I am in love with this hotel and place as well. I had a garden view bungalow since all sea views were taken, but it did not take away from the experience. These bungalows are very airy, spacious, nicely designed. The hotel is not new, but well maintained and the staff is super sweet and attentive. I just felt spoiled the whole time. The food was great too and the restaurant service. I did have a little mouse trying to build a nest in the roof of my room and not letting me sleep, but the hotel staff tried to help with that too and one night I just had to sleep in another room. But it is close to nature, so I cannot fault hotel for the mouse's irresponsible behavior. I would go back.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ruchei
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Ngwe Saung is a very good destination which has nothing to envy to Ngapali and it is easier to get to. The Palm beach resort was fantastic, very relaxed, friendly but very attentive staff, pleasant and airy decor and great setting. Food was good but there are more interesting options for the seafood lovers in town.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Stefano F
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I've not been to Ngapali but I think Ngwe Saung is more laid back, and The Palm Beach Resort is very laid back. Friends we met there said it was by far the best place at Ngwe Saung and from what we could see from the beach, I can believe it. Lovely little cottages in gardens, almost all with a sea view, with comfortable chairs on the verandas. We are not 'resort people' but we adored four days of reading, walking on the beach, swimming in the sea and in the lovely infinity pool, watching the sunset and eating under the starts. The food was very good, the cocktails a bit hit and miss (the Pimms came straight, no mixer!) and the staff delightful (particularly Thin Thin). The drive from Rangoon was interesting too - by private mini-bus; I am not sure the public bus would have been much fun.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a sea view; a few don't have them
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank GeorgiaCT
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We used to go to Palm Beach a few times a year while we lived in Myanmar, and every single time it was a fantastic experience. After a 3-year 'break' we were a little worried things might have changed, but there was no disappointment: the staff are as friendly, the views lovely, the rooms cozy, the breakfast nice (with the option of local food on request), and the atmosphere as amazing. It might not be the cheapest or the most exciting place to stay, but if you are looking for a relaxing time in a beautiful place, Palm Beach is highly recommended

Room Tip: Sea View is totally worth it!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family