“A great experience”

Dorrington Old Hall Persian Cuisine
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Dorrington
Cuisines: Persian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Persian influenced fusion Cuisine - first for the county - at the elegant Black and White, timber framed, building that dates back to the 13th Century; contemporary atmosphere, with a present-day décor, pleasing to the eye. Cuisine renowned for its elaborate rice dishes, delicious kababs, nourishing soups and hearty stews. Persians delicately flavour their food with herbs, spices and dried fruits. A variety of nan-like breads supplement rice.
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Had a wonderful meal last night. We had seen good reviews so wanted to try this venue for ourselves. It was a great experience. We had booked, but unusually the restaurant was expected to be quiet for a Saturday night. We were the first guests and had a lovely table right next to the open fire, which was perked up just for us. It was not long before other guests arrived creating a nice atmosphere.

The buffet was available that night, which gave us the chance to sample many different dishes and go back for more of our favourites. The chef had taken us through the different dishes so I decided to avoid the one "hot" dish on offer. Some lovely dishes, different flavours, thoroughly enjoyed by us both. Naan bread and three dips for starters, plus three different puddings, all in with the price. Good value.

The restaurant seems a family run business with the chef and his wife and daughter looking after everyone really well. For those of you that enjoy a pint, they had a nice bottle of Woods Shropshire Lad.

We will certainly return another time.

Ijlaljan, Owner at Dorrington Old Hall Persian Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear Cecil H

Thank you so much for choosing to dine with us and for writing a magnificent review. I am exuberant to find out that you enjoyed your meal on Saturday!

Special thanks for appreciating the varied flavours, the appetisers and the puddings; as well as endorsing the fact that we are great value!

I'm sorry to have I missed you because when I came back for another chat, you had already gone! I shall make sure that we speak in detail, when you come back next time.

Lal and team

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Many thanks to Dr. Lal for his hospitality. Food offered here is sumptuous and rich in flavors. I suggest everyone to visit Dorrington Old Hall to enjoy the best Persian cuisine in uk.

I'll definitely visit old hall every weekend.

Dear HassanNaqvi

I truly am grateful to you for your short but extremely gracious review. It fills me with glee to note that you, being a foodie yourself, have been so impressed with my food!

Thank you so much and I look forward to welcoming you back again.

Lal

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Just wanted to say a big thanks to Ijlal and his team for a wonderful evening. The food was fabulous and we were made to feel very welcome & special. I would thoroughly recommend a visit here & look forward to our next meal.

Ijlaljan, Owner at Dorrington Old Hall Persian Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

Dear Stuart W and lovely family

I am truly grateful to you all for celebrating your Pam's birthday with us. Moreover, I am indebted to you for writing such a beaming review. It fills me with glee to learn that you had a wonderful evening.

The discussion with yourselves was most interesting and particularly edifying for me; you all are so up to date with technology!

Thank you very much and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Ijlal and team

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Here with family, group of 7, on a Saturday evening. Very friendly service and very good food from the buffet - great selecton of dishes and fantastic many were gluten free. Desert selection (only halva and some sort of vermicelli rice pud.) was little disappointing but the starter and mains were so delicious it wasn't an issue. Would definitely return.

Ijlaljan, Owner at Dorrington Old Hall Persian Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

Dear simonmartin99

Thank you so much for the really lovely review. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your meal. Nevertheless, please accept my apologies for the limited selection of puds, due to some unforeseen circumstances in the kitchen! This is not normally the case, as we have between four and six of them usually.

You will have the full choice available when you return next time!

Lal (Chef/Patron)

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Superb restaurant. Great starters & Nan bread. Excellent buffet of mains. We were spoilt for choice !
The chef welcomed us and his wife & daughter looked after us so well during the meal.
We will definitely return when next in the area.

Dear Teeaitch

I am truly grateful to you for writing up such a wonderful review on our behalf. Your each and every remark is simply munificent! Thank you.

I really am delighted to learn that you enjoyed the entire experience and not just the food. Reviews like these make the whole effort worthwhile, while we are constantly striving to surmount!

Once again, thank you so much and we look forward to seeing you, soon.

Lal and team