We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tannheim
Hotel Jungbrunn - Das Alpine Lifestyle Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Tannheim
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Super friendly staff, nice and big sauna and spa area, great food and all that for a good price, what want you more? The best spa place I've ever been to so far. Higly recommendet.
Would I sent a fried over, well I did sent them all already there!!! :-)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank acki4711

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Booking: After receiving a gift certificate for this "new to us" Wellness hotel, we decided to spoil ourselves, forgo the stress of a "do it ourselves" holiday at home, and go all out and stay at the Jungbrunn. Upon attempting to book a week`s stay during this time, we were informed that only reservations would be taken for those booking the full program, from December 22-January 2...would be expensive, but decided to go ahead and do it - we needed the break. I figured that the hotel was planning special outings/activities for these 11 days and would want to count on a set number of guests in order to carry this out...yes the hotel was sold out and the parking lot packed...only to experience during these 11 days various families/couples coming and going and not staying the full package which I thought everyone had had to book! It really disappointed me that their "real" policy was not explained to us upon booking. I don`t regret staying the full 11 days and feel like I was one of the lucky ones who DID get to stay the whole time.....and of course be pampered to the fullest!!!!

Check-in: We continue to vacation in Austria as the people are so friendly and go out of their way to welcome you and make your stay comfortable. The Jungbrunn was no exception! All lit up and decorated for Christmas, cold and snowy outside, our holiday was beginning. Check-in went quick, we were offered a welcome champagne and then shown to our room.

Room: We stayed in the Herzblut Suite - landhouse stlye which I love about Austria, but with a twist! Wooden floors-perfect for us with a dog along. Small shelves in the entry on the wall, good for storing things like sunglasses, camera and anything we would want to grab upon leaving the room. A small desk, equipped with what I think was a speaker to hook up to your ipad/computer as well as all kinds of outlets - I have NEVER seen a hotel room with so many "logically" placed outlets anywhere - this deserved 5 stars alone!!! All materials were "natural", a recurring theme throughout the hotel, so linen-looking curtains on the sliding door out to a balcony with view over the ski piste, as well as linen curtains used instead of doors to hide the two VERY large walk-in closets - one for each of us. The sitting area was small and cozy with very good quality flexible reading lights over each end. This is the first time we have EVER used a seating area in a hotel, but with the view out the balcony doors, good lighting and a huge flat screen that could be swiveled to that area, we were always sitting there- another 5 stars!

With a dog, the issue arises of how to leave the room in the mornings with her and let the housecleaning staff know they could come into our room. Installed throughtout the hotel, and perfect for us(which we`ve never seen before) is a lighting system - no more hanging out a paper sign on the door. A red/green lighting system allowed us to "request" when we wanted our room cleaned/or not to be disturbed and a cute wooden cut-out of a doggie on a leash, which we hung outside on our door, allowed them to know our dog was alone in the room. Another 5 stars! Not to mention our room was cleaned spotlessly and towels changed out every day. The bathroom was very modern and really nice, however I found it lacking a stool at the makeup counter which I solved by grabbing the one from the desk, and overall the room, for some reason was VERY hot - we let the hotel know on two different occassions and by the very end of our stay, it seemed better, but still had to sleep with our sliding balcony door open some.

Hotel shops: The hotel itself is beautifully decorated, very cozy and inviting. It is huge but easy to find once you`ve taken a good walk through. A great gift shop with lovely and affordable gifts, many unique- landhouse style. The clothing boutique is small and actually offers alot of clothes, but not until the annual fashion show, with employees as models, do you really get to see what a great selection they have - unfortunatley for me a bit too pricey, but with mostly designer pieces that would be expected.

Culinary: The culinary aspect of the hotel was probably a highlight! We were seated in the main diningroom which I found very spacious- the tables on either side of us were usually unoccupied, so I can`t comment on neighbor table noise disturbing us, but did not feel like we were too close. The servcie staff here is UNBELIEVABLE and deserve a raving 5 stars! They are ALL so nice and friendly, even if they aren`t specifically serving your table. I have never seen people move this fast in ANY restaurant, which only assured that our drinks and various courses were brought in a timely manner. Unlike other wellness hotels where we had to decide already at breakfast what we would want to eat that night, here we could decide on the spot, leaving out a course or changing one completely. The salad buffet was in a room to itself and I`ve never seen one so big! The culinary staff presented very creative and tasty courses - hats off to them!!! The hotel director made a stop at our table or greeted us every time we were in the diningroom, morning or evening - a familiar face every day, a nice chat, a new-found friend! The owners, the 2nd generation of the Gutheinz family, are young and motivated and the wife made several stops by our table at dinner.

The "lunch" offering was the best yet in my wellness hotel experience, with a full salad bar, soup and always a hot pasta with meat offering. No afternoon "cake" offerings, but with so much other healthly offerings, who needs cake, too? Breakfast also a huge buffet but a small station for omelets made to order.

Wellness: We used limited offerings in the huge wellness area of the hotel, but were very happy with what we received. We did massages and beauty, with the best face massage I`ve ever had! Also tried out Ayurveda(they offer a large variety) and one of the saunas - seems to be very busy later in the day, so if you want a more "private" experience go early afternoon. Several pools, fitness room, 5-6 saunas, relaxing rooms on various floors-it`s easy to get lost in this quite spread out area.

Christmas stay: The "special activities" that I thought would be planned especially for us holiday guests,making the holiday price more expensive, were not what I was expecting. A special 8 course dinner was planned for both Christmas and New Year which were fantastic. We also went to the annual fashion show, which was great and enjoyed the fireworks display on New Years eve, but most of the "highlights offered" were not specific to a "Christmas stay" but more just offereings for guests in winter. Daily snowshoe guided tours(dependent on enough snow so not many this holiday), wild elk viewing(fantastic!!!) and the sleighride were all more general winter things plus the nightly music offerings, I`m guessing, are there all year round. An annual tennis tournament was a highlight but we preferred to spend our free time out in the fantastic winter weather conditions with our dog, walking the various paths in the Tannheimer Tal.

Conclusion: Overall, we were VERY happy with our stay at Jungbrunn and had already decided before it was over, that we would be making this an annual tradition! The hotel really did pamper us in every aspect, from a friendly staff, cozy room, fantastic food, relaxing wellness treatments and quiet moments just outside the door in this beautiful moutain setting.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 24, 2013

In 1983 my family and I visited the Jungbrunn Hotel and found it to be an unbelievably wonderful experience and the Gutheinz family, who owns the hotel, to be part of its award winning chemistry. I have traveled all over the world and have never found a hotel or a town, Tannheim, so beautiful and charming. Presently I am planning on sending two of my sons and their soon to be wives there for their honeymoons. This hotel is hip,fun, eloquent and peaceful. I am an American and was treated like family and the English spoken there would make Oxford students jealous.This hotel has everything.

Room Tip: Make reservations well in advance. All the rooms are great.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We were 2 couples and stayed 3 nights
The food and spa were excellent
The rooms comfortable and the staff very friendly but maintanance was not perfect
The location of tannheim valley offer many opportunities for recreation
We will come again

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Yehuda S
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I have stayed with my mother and sister for a long weekend at this great hotel.

The room was spacious, although the third bed was a little small for an adult. They have bigger suites but unfortunately non was available during our stay.

The food was excellent, breakfast and lunch are served in buffet style and for dinner we had a choise of several starters, mains and desserts. All dishes were well presented and tasted great. The service was outstanding.

We have used the gym very morning, it is not very big but well equipped. We also participated in Qigong and ThaiQi, which was very relaxing.
If you want to participate at some of the sports acitivities, for excample TRX, sign in on time because only 4 guestes can participate.

The Spa is outstanding, with several saunas an outdoor swimming pool and salt water jacuzzi. We particularly liked the relaxing area on the second floor.

Bring your one body lotion and hair conditioner since there are only small bottles in the room which will not be refilled during your stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank woso
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Over the past 10 years, my husband and I have stayed at Jungbrunn about 4 times. Every time is a treat and even better than the last stay.

Family Gutheinz are constantly investing in the facilities and we are alway surprised to see how many new things we can experience at this Alpine jewel.

THE FOOD is wellness gourmet at its finest! Healthy, rich, tasty, inventive ..... exquisite! It's much better than other 4-5 star wellness hotels where sometimes 3 out of 5 courses are buffet style. At Jungbrunn besides a light and fresh salad buffet and the possibility of an assortment of cheeses for dessert - all courses are served and presented uniquely.

The WELLNESS AREA - is excellent. There is something for everyone and is never over crowded. I especially enjoy the outdoor area around the pond. On a sunny winter day, there's nothing more relaxing than to leave the sauna and bathe in the Alpine sun!

THE BAR is also a must. The barkeeper is very friendly and knowledgeable and it is a great place to discover new cocktails.

THE STAFF is great.

We will definitely be back. Jungbrunn makes me think that searching for another wellness hotel is just a waste of time.

Jungbrunn is wellness perfection!

Room Tip: We chose the"Brunnenstube" room and it was excellent. It was small but very modern with a...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We spent a weekend at Hotel Jungbrunn. We were deeply impressed. The hotel is really very nicely designed and excellently maintained. The Spa area is outstanding: it has outdoor swimming pools with hot water, several saunas and steam baths and there is a huge area to get treatments.

The dinner was outstanding, excellent food (6 courses), very nice service with local staff and the wine menu was impressing.

Breakfast buffet was great and of excellent quality, even though the hotel was fully booked over the weekend we were there.

Overall, an excellent experience in every respect. Very reasonable prices for such an outstanding quality and we highlight again the excellent service very friendly and well-qualified with local personnel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Swiss_Traveller_1975
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tannheim
Hotel ...liebes Rot-Flueh
#2 of 5 in Gran
Hohenfels
Hohenfels
#4 of 7 in Tannheim

Been to Hotel Jungbrunn - Das Alpine Lifestyle Hotel? Share your experiences!