All reviews tennis courts riding school wilder kaiser paradise on earth arnold schwarzenegger amazing spa wiener schnitzel upon departure pillow menu wellness area absolutely top notch steam rooms and saunas horseback riding large terrace breakfast buffet is the half board option main building
Selected filters
Reviewed September 9, 2019 via mobile

This is a fabulous hotel. If you like active weekends, this is a place for you. We do not ride but that looked very good. Instead we hiked and went up in the mountains on e-bikes.

I have seen many spas, and this is clearly one of the best.

Breakfast amazing. Beds very comfortable.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2019 via mobile

We had a fantastic holiday.The hotel met all our expectations.Wonderful Spa area,special kids zone.The hotel has a lot of facilities for sport.
We stayed in a Kaiserbogen suite wich was nicely arranged and quite big.Although there were a lot of kids in the hotel(including our own), we could sleep quite well in the afternoon and evening.The staff although international does a good job,very helpful and polite.
We will come back.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2019 via mobile

The facility is great, staff is for the most part (some can’t speak GER/ENG, have mixed up/forgotten my order before ) also great. But don’t go here if you have dietary restrictions. I am quite lactose intolerant and I took the leap into veganism. I mentioned this and they made me a vegan menu but there were almost no options and the food was very bland (vegan food can be delicious). They also put cream soup on the menu (labeled under VEGAN) so I assumed they used soy cream or something. The cream soup came with normal whipped cream on top and floating in the soup, so I had it removed. I ate the soup but had a horrible stomach ache and bloated belly afterwards so I assume they used normal cream. I don’t think they understand what “vegan” or “lactose intolerant” means and I wouldn’t trust them
with “gluten free” things either.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Hiro353
Reviewed August 2, 2019

It's definitely worth a stay at beautiful Stanglwirt. I have heard so much about it and I really loved everything about it.
We were there for four nights end of June and I can't even say if it's more beautiful to stay in winter or summer.

We loved summer there, wonderful outdoor area, amazing spa area (the biggest and newest I've ever seen!) outdoors and indoors (lots of pools, places for children to play, pools just for children, many options for different saunas, steam rooms etc). Lots of comfortable lounge chairs and day beds at different levels in the lawn with amazing views on the Wilder Kaiser (mountain).

The Junior suite we had was just wonderful, very spacious, 2 full rooms (bedroom and living room with its own fire place), beautiful large terrace with the view on the Wilder Kaiser. Great large bathroom with a separate toilette, and a separate dressing room.

Stanglwirt has events and music every night, so no need to go anywhere else for entertainment. It's best to just stay in the hotel and enjoy their 2 restaurants there.
One restaurant is for hotel guest-only, the other is for everyone to enjoy. Both are beautiful and delicious. The Gasthof has a view into the stable where the cows are and is very quaint. The Restaurant of the hotel (for hotel guests only) is designed in traditional Austrian style and has amazing views on the Wilder Kaiser.

The hotel has great options for kids (although we were there without kids), including kids program with daycare for kids. Kids at the hotel were quite and respectful so there wasn't any issue with kids around.

Amazing is their own personal horse stable (the Lipizzaner stable!) with direct view on it from the lobby. So there are many options to do sports: golf, tennis (on premisses), swimming, horse back riding, biking, mountain biking and of course a lot of hiking in the area.

We will definitely come back next year!

Room tip: Get a room with a view on the Wilder Kaiser if you can
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2019

Stanglwirt never lets us down! Been there many times and I've never been disappointed. Wellness is top class and so is stuff, food and other activities around the hotel would highly recommend to anybody.

Date of stay: September 2018