“Poor reception ”

Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

Tried to get a meal there this evening at 7pm but we were quite sharply turned away and brusquely told by the man stood at the door that they were ' Complet' - full.
There wasn't a soul inside !! Disappointing- no apology, no other recommendation we were simply turned away- STRANGE.

2  Thank janetprestonyates

Reviewed September 6, 2017

Having been associated and lived in Regusse since 1986, I knew this restaurant very well, particularly the previous owners. I hadn't eaten here in the last couple of years so I hadn't met with the new owners. My friends who also live in the village suggested we went as they had a good experience previously, although felt it was a little expensive.

The first two courses were very nice and the waiter enquired if we wanted dessert. One of my party answered, yes perhaps (we were all full!) so we waited for the menu. This was never offered but 4 lemoncellos and the bill arrived in its place. We were a bit confused so we asked for the dessert menu and ordered two desserts. This request was completely ignored. So after a while when it was evident that the desserts weren't going to arrive, we asked for the bill.

Firstly it wasn't possible to pay by card, so I wrote a cheque. This was then returned as the waiter wanted me to make the cheque in the owner's name, rather than in the name of the restaurant. This made me a bit suspicious.

As locals I don't think we will be going again. The other two restaurants in the village were closed after the busy season and if this is the situation in the future, I will be driving further afield.

2  Thank holmca
Reviewed September 30, 2016 via mobile

This was a very lovely evening for my husband and me. Unexpected place in a very small town. Waitress was lovely and food was good. Not to be missed when in Regusse.

1  Thank lagrancatarina
Reviewed September 15, 2016

If you're looking for a good quality reasonably priced restaurant in Regusse look no further! You cannot go wrong here. The food is fresh, tasty, beautifully prepared and the service is friendly and professional.

1  Thank Lisa98000
Reviewed September 4, 2016 via mobile

Delicious food !! I Recommend the duck. Definitely worth a visit. You may have to book, as can get busy in holiday season.

1  Thank anitak908