The Flying Dutchman Bed & Breakfast
$87
Comfort Hotel Bayer's Lake(Halifax)(Great Value!)
$101
$91
Travelocity
Coastal Inn Halifax(Halifax)(Great Value!)
$89
Future Inns Halifax(Halifax)(Great Value!)
$111
Travelocity
$122
$113
Hotels.com
Comfort Inn Halifax(Halifax)(Great Value!)
$106
$102
Agoda.com
Clifty Cove Motel(Indian Harbour)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 31, 2013

The rooms are comfortable and the breakfast delicious. It was also nice visiting with Doreen and Henk, the innkeepers. We arrived late, and very hungry, and Doreen was nice enough to phone an area restaurant and tell them we were coming There is also a very nice outdoor area complete with a swing facing the bay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank patricia452
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Doreen and Henk did a great job of making my wife and I feel at home. We arrived late and they greated us with open arms. The property has a great location just off the water and is very pretty. The house and rooms were spotless and well equipped. Doreen cooked as fantastic breakfast fit for a king. The bed was comfortable and if there was one downfall was that the bathroom had a separate entrance and not an ensuite. Not really a major problem so I give this B&B a 9 out of 10. I would definitely recommend and stay again.

Room Tip: Any of the rooms on the ground floor would be great.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2013

we stayed for a few nights in the suite on the top floor and had a wonderfully relaxing time. Spacious bedroom, bath and living room, and spotlessly clean. The only thing interrupting your sleep could be the traffic noise from a fairly busy street right next to the property. Breakfast was plentiful and Doreen and Henk make you feel welcomed. Do some paddling with Novashores Paddling while you're there. Glenn is an incredibly knowledgeable guide and the 4 hr trip came with a great and healthy lunch!

Room Tip: we had the suite on the top floor- airy and spacious.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Stayed one night and a good night it was. The sheets were the best we slept on in 9 nights in Nova Scotia. Doreen cooked a very healthy, tasty breakfast and there was plenty. On a bay but you did have to go outside to really see the view and we got there on a damp, cool night so missed out.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank danv0
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I had the pleasure of an overnight stay at The Flying Dutchman B&B this past weekend. I was in Halifax for business and did not wish to stay at a hotel so I found this perfect B&B. Minutes from Peggy's cove and just 20 mins. from my morning appointment in Halifax, I made the right choice! Comfortable room/bed and perhaps the best nights sleep I have had in a very long time. Doreen and Henk (thats Hank with an "E") were perfect hosts. The best part was the breakfast....far better than a sweet role at the Holiday Inn....Doreen needs to be reported for feeding me too much....it was AWESOME!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business