“A great birthday celebration!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Exshaw
Rafter Six Ranch Resort
Saskatoon
“A great birthday celebration!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2011

We had a 70th birthday celebration supper and pony rides for the children. The food was great and the staff was so friendly and accommodating. It is a wonderful memory!

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2011

We had our daughter's wedding at Rafter Six and it was wonderful. Marshall and Monique are to be commended for their fine work, they were excellent, organized and made everything fall into place. The scenery was beautiful and I have only heard good comments from our guests. The food and service was excellent. The church was beautiful! We had a wonderful time and would highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Nancy57195
Peterborough, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2011

We were just there this passed weekend for our daughters wedding. We traveled from Ontario. Booked everything on line. Our room was very rustic, priced okay, clean. The chalets on the other hand were a bit dark not very big and over priced. The church was beautiful. The food was well presented. But at the rehearsal for the wedding it seems we were rushed. We were diappointed with the fact there was quit a bit of miscommunication between staff and the person who runs the ranch. Over all the wedding was beautiful and had a lovely country feeling.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank littleq
Calgary
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2011

Incredibly expensive, service was generally poor and it is clearly focused around the large tour bus groups that come by on the way from Calgary to the mountains.

We probably met two members of staff who we didn't make us feel like we didn't deserve to be there, fortunately one was working the check-in desk.

If you are looking for an authentic Western experience turn around and go elsewhere.

The only saving grace is the beautiful location and the horses.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank CalgaryComp

Travelers are raving about these Exshaw hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

My Granddaughter ( age 10)and I went on the Ropes Challenge Course and loved it-the course truly is a challenge, with 18 rope crossings from tree to tree approx 20/30 feet in the air. Takes about 2 hours for 6 people, we thought it was well worth the money. We never stayed at the lodge so can't comment on it, looks rustic but I would think that is what you expect at a "ranch"

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank realtortravels
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2011

I was there last night for a wedding, fiancee and I got a cabin, I think this has to be the worst place I've ever stayed at anywhere, I would prefer a dingy motel somewhere on the highway, at least then you'd probably be getting your money's worth. We spent around 200 for the cabin,no tv, no fridge(this one I really couldn't comprehend) the cabin was beyond small having room for the bed in the room but not much else, if your taller than 6"3 like me, added bonus of not being able to fit in your cabin, i had to walk in the door
sideways to get in the cabin and that was the height limit for a lot of their buildings. Staff wasn't
anything special, we had to fight to
get ice and I think we only got it
because we were there for the
wedding, that was also when we
realized they don't have fridges so
there isn't even much of a point
anyways. The food at the wedding was good, had nice roast beef and chicken and the breakfast was the best part for me the whole time we were there, that and the fact we were leaving right after that. I wouldn't get married there, my friends told me they paid around 25k for it and so not worth it. If you want to stay somewhere around banff that has a chalet feel, go to castle mountain chalets, rafter 6 could learn a few things from them

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank Tytee
Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2011

I was extremely disappointed in this trip. My girlfriend flew out from Saskatchewan for a girls weekend of R n R. The lodge and surrounding area is beautiful and very rustic but the restaurant service was the pits. The breakfast buffet was okay.. things were a bit dried out. I have had better breakfast at Denny's or Humpty's. The evening buffet and dinner options are all over $30.00 and were nothing fancy. We ended up driving to Canmore for one of our suppers. Most of the staff were around the age of 20 and seemed to be overwhelmed and unorganized. We even heard some yelling at each other. The rooms were very old and rustic. Very thin walls. Could hear the next rooms conversations. The towel were a joke. They looked like rags. They only came up to my waist and they were thin and rough. They only had hand towels to give us for the hot tub. Not happy to pay $200.00/night for a basic room when this is what we got.

The treetop ropes course what great! I would recommend it.

Room Tip: Go and do the trail ride, treetop rope course, and/or the white water rafting but do not stay.